G2 Venture Partners
Full job posting available at https://tinyurl.com/g2vp2023
G2 Venture Partners invests in technology companies at their inflection points to build a sustainable future. The firm focuses on innovation in the transportation, energy, industrials, agriculture, logistics, and retail sectors, with investment stages ranging from venture to growth. We look for companies poised for explosive growth, with proven product-market fit and commercial traction. Our portfolio includes Luminar (NASDAQ: LAZR, LiDAR for autonomous vehicles), Proterra (NASDAQ: PTRA, electric buses and powertrains), Arcadia (digital clean-energy utility), Seegrid (autonomous electric forklifts and tuggers), and Pivot Bio (sustainable alternative to synthetic nitrogen fertilizer). We are currently investing out of our second fund, and have ~$1B under management.
- Full-time Investor (flexible start date in 2023)
- Our Investors are involved in every step of our processes, from doing industry deep-dives (mapping new industry sub-sectors and identifying areas of potential value) to organizing detailed diligence for targeted investments to working with portfolio companies post-investment.
- Summer Intern (flexible dates, 10-12 weeks in May-August 2023)
- Our internship program allows us to get to know you and vice versa for a potential future full-time Investor role. Interns will lead deep-dives, and assist with live deals as opportunities arise.
LOCATION: Our office is in Portola Valley, and most of the team works in the office 3-4 days a week. We expect both Investors and Summer Interns to be based in the Bay Area.
QUALIFICATIONS: We are looking for candidates who have:
- At least four years of work experience requiring critical analysis of business models and financial projections. Investing, banking, or consulting experience preferred.
- Established record as a curious “self-starter”.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent analytical reasoning, and an ability to present complex ideas and information in simple persuasive form, both written and orally.
- Genuine passion for investing, the entrepreneurial process, and sustainability.
- Desire to be a connector / develop a robust network, and work in a collaborative trust-based team environment.
- Professional and personal maturity that demonstrates unquestionable integrity and sound business instincts.
MEET THE TEAM: We are hosting a happy hour at our office (3280 Alpine Road in Portola Valley) on Tuesday 2/7 from 5-8PM for candidates interested in meeting our team. RSVP here.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To express an interest in working with us, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and specify whether you are applying to be an Investor or Intern. You may include a one-page write-up highlighting which emerging technologies or sub-sectors within the transportation, energy, industrials, agriculture, logistics, or retail industries you believe represent the largest potential opportunities for new investments, or pitching a company you believe G2 should invest in (especially encouraged for candidates without investing experience). Investor applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Internship applications are due on Monday, February 20th, and will be reviewed shortly thereafter.
G2VP is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.