Senior People Operations Manager (Remote)
People & HR, Operations
Posted on Thursday, December 21, 2023
Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo recently raised $140M in growth funding which will continue to help us empower the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
We are looking for a Senior People Operations Manager to join Wonolo’s Talent andPeople Operations team. In this role, you will drive initiatives that shape the work experience of employees and global contractors, by ensuring they are resourced, supported, and empowered at work. You will leverage your exposure to the North American compliance landscape to ensure the operational excellence of our People-related processes. You will support efforts to scale our operations through automation, documentation, and training.
This is an exciting opportunity to rebuild a function into a more strategic, modern, and user centric organization. If this sounds like a team you’d love to be a part of, please read on!
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the Philippines #LI-Remote.
What you'll do:
- Ensure compliance of the company policies and procedures including developing and/or revising policies and procedures, implementing standard operating procedures that are aligned with the minimum labor requirement
- Stay informed about North American (US or Canada) labor laws and regulations to ensure the organization's compliance
- Compile and analyze HR metrics to support data-driven decision-making
- Identify opportunities to improve policies and ensure the company is operating securely and effectively
- Draft and release documentation relevant to all company initiatives, including but not limited to guidelines, policies, forms, etc.
- Lead initiatives to streamline processes and automate workflows, ensuring we scale with the company and provide a positive employee experience
- Manage critical project documentation and record-keeping
- Provide reporting, communications, and updates related to projects for internal stakeholders
- Identify, assess, and minimize project risks throughout the duration of the project
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience launching projects from discovery to kick off to coordination and execution, preferably in HR related initiatives
- 3+ years of experience in HR compliance roles working with North American stakeholders and North American compliance requirements
- In-depth knowledge of North American compliance including policies, auditing, and EEOC reporting
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to AI use cases within the People Ops field
- Experience with modern HRIS like Rippling
Benefits and perks:
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven and well-funded start-up
- Health insurance for the principal member including dental and vision
- Company laptop
- Paid time off, Holiday pay, and Unpaid time off
- Access to continued learning, unlimited access to Udemy for Business sponsored by Wonolo
- Access to no-cost on-demand mental health support, including counselling, mindfulness and meditation, and well-being courses
- Ability to work from anywhere in the Philippines (no more commutes!)
- Team outings, happy hours, company off-sites, and more!
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 200+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States, Canada, and Latin America. We are well-funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal-opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but is not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
Wonolo does not accept agency or consulting resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, email alias, Wonolo employees or any other organization location. Wonolo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.