Senior Product Designer
Argentina · Remote
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo recently raised $140M in growth funding which will continue to help us empower the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
Wonolo is looking for a Senior Product Designer who will be a key member of our design team, taking a lead role in shaping the user experience and visual design of our products. You will be employed by a third-party legal entity authorized to do business in the location in which you reside and you will provide contractual services to Wonolo’s Product Design team. In this role, you will partner closely with cross-functional teams, including Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers, Analysts and multiple Business and Operations teams to create innovative and intuitive solutions that address user needs and drive business goals. You are a creative problem solver, strategic thinker, and a collaborative team player who has a track record of successfully leading design projects throughout the entire product development process, from discovery to delivery. This is a great opportunity to work on large-scale products and lead key architectural initiatives. You will be a big driver in delivering a world-class customer experience.
Product Design at Wonolo is part of the Technology organization composed of Designers, Researchers, Product Managers, Analysts, Engineers, and QA. Our Tech team is responsible for building the web and mobile products for our customers and worker community. We put users at the center of everything we do – so if you’re customer-obsessed and looking for a high impact opportunity at a technology startup in scaling mode, please apply with your portfolio as we’d love to hear from you!
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in LatAm #LI-Remote.
What you'll do:
- Owning cross-functional projects by partnering with Product, Research, Engineering, and Business teams to align product design vision with business goals and user needs.
- Working with other Product Designers to establish and maintain design patterns that streamline the design process, maintain consistency, and scale design efforts across the organization while holding true to our Design Principles.
- Collaborating with Product Managers as a thought partner by providing strategic design direction.
- Collaborating with Engineers to understand technical constraints and opportunities, ensuring design feasibility and a seamless handoff process.
- Collaborating with Product Researchers throughout the design process to gain insights that will help inform your design decisions.
- Delivering user experiences (UX), user interfaces (UI), and interaction designs (IxD) for web, iOS, and Android platforms that are detailed, clear, and comprehensive.
- Sharing and obtaining feedback from team members and stakeholders at various stages of the design process
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience working within a product team in a UX, UI, or Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) related capacity
- Experience designing and shipping products on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Mobile web, Desktop, etc)
- High proficiency in user-centered design practices, information architecture, wireframing, prototyping, interaction design, and visual design
- Ability to communicate complex problems through low and mid-fidelity designs
- High proficiency with design and prototyping tools (e.g. Figma/Principle/Flinto, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Excellent storytelling in order to effectively present your work and findings to leadership and team members
- Strong understanding of responsive design, HGI and Material design patterns
- Excitement to work in fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Benefits and perks:
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven and well-funded start-up
- Health insurance through one of our valued partners
- Company laptop
- Option to be paid in US dollars
- Access to continued learning, unlimited access to Udemy for Business sponsored by Wonolo
- Access to no-cost on-demand mental health support, including counselling, mindfulness and meditation, and wellbeing courses
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible schedules, an open vacation policy, and the ability to work from anywhere in LatAm (no more commutes!)
- Team outings, happy hours, company off-sites, and more!
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 200+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States, Canada, and Latin America. We are well-funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal-opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but is not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
Wonolo does not accept agency or consulting resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, email alias, Wonolo employees or any other organization location. Wonolo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.