Customer Onsite Specialist
Baltimore, MD, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo recently raised $140M in growth funding which will continue to help us empower the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
As a Customer Onsite Specialist, you will visit different job sites maintained by Wonolo’s customers (commonly a warehouse or production facility) to ensure customers and local workers (Wonoloers) have easy access to our support channels. You’ll be working with both Wonoloers and customers, serving as a product expert of the Wonolo app, a problem-solver, and a human connection. As needed, you will serve as a local recruiting operations agent, helping to acquire, onboard, or assess workers for W2 jobs on the platform. You’ll help Wonoloers and customers navigate routine tasks as well as new challenges. You will be immersed in a fast-paced environment that is constantly in flux. Most importantly, you will have a direct impact on supporting local workers by helping to shape the future of work.
We're looking for someone who is organized, can take initiative, can speak to different stakeholders including job site supervisor and gig economy workers, and has problem-solving skills who can operate in an ambiguous environment. You will serve as the face of Wonolo to various Customers and Wonoloers and will ensure both are having a seamless Wonolo experience.
We have two hourly roles with an anticipated duration of 3 months to start with the potential to extend. One role will be working Monday - Thursday 4PM - 2:30AM and Sunday 8:30PM - 2:30AM. Second role will be working Saturday - Sunday 6AM - 5:30PM.
We welcome qualified candidates located in the Baltimore, MD area.
What you'll do:
- Travel to Wonolo customer locations (commonly a warehouse or production facility) and coordinate with customers on issues relating to the check-in / check-out process, time-theft prevention procedures, and other issues relating to Wonoloers' completion of jobs
- Provide real-time feedback on day-to-day operations.
- Conduct basic orientation for first day workers.
- Monitor performance of placed candidates, addressing concerns and offering support.
- Resolve issues and conflicts that may arise between candidates and supervisors.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships by understanding staffing needs and facilitating effective communication (in person and email).
- Oversee candidates' attendance and send out daily reports.
- Proactively communicate with no-shows and late arrivals, addressing concerns and taking necessary actions, including potential removal from assignments.
- Record observations, coaching, and outcomes in Google Docs, ensuring accurate and up-to-date documentation.
- Keep up to date with point tacking system and work with team members and client.
- Help the client avoid co-employment risks by handling difficult situations, including managing workers in real time (late arrivals, early departures, providing live coaching, terminating workers, collecting badges, and de-escalating potential situations that may arise) and offering representation.
Who you are:
- 2+ years of experience in an applicable role such as staffing, operations, customer service, or sales.
- Comfortable working in an industrial environment with communication skills to engage various stakeholders with many types of personalities and backgrounds, including warehouse managers, individuals not familiar with Wonolo, and the experienced Wonoloer community.
- Reliable, responsive and able to work under minimal supervision - you’ll be remote & collaborating with other Wonolo team members virtually.
- Experience identifying growth opportunities and self-driven to complete tasks and to proactively solve issues.
- A positive self-starter and eager to learn - you’re willing to own results, try new things, are open to feedback and not afraid to ask questions.
- Comfortable with tech platforms - e.g. Google for Business tools (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, and Sheets) and Slack.
- This role will require travel to and from customer facilities, and will therefore require a reliable form of transportation.
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Nice to haves:
- Marketplace and/or startup experience
- Experience in the industrial/warehousing environment is a plus
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Sheets, Slides, Docs, Forms) and Looker
- The expected pay range for this position is $22-25/hour. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company's sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, and years and depth of relevant experience. Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Wonolo’s equity plan as well as a range of health and wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 200+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States, Canada, and Latin America. We are well-funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Wonolo is a Great Place to Work-Certified company for delivering a consistently high-trust experience for all employees. We value representation and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2022 (Medium to Large)
#24 in Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2021 (Small and Medium)
#12 in Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 (Small and Medium)
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal-opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but is not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
Wonolo does not accept agency or consulting resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, email alias, Wonolo employees or any other organization location. Wonolo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.