Senior Market Operations Specialist (Seattle)
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2023
Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo recently raised $140M in growth funding which will continue to help us empower the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
Wonolo is looking for a Senior Market Operations Specialist who is excited about the opportunity to expand Wonolo's presence among both customer and worker communities in our Seattle market. Reporting to the Market Operations Manager, you will be a field advocate, outreach leader, event organizer, and community connector, focused on building relationships with our customers and supporting and growing the Wonoloer community.
We're looking for a positive self-starter who loves to learn, problem-solve, try new strategies, and ensure an optimal customer/worker experience using our technology platform. You will serve as a local market expert and work cross-functionally with our Account Management team to foster thriving customer relationships by visiting multiple customer sites, supporting on-the-ground operations, and ensuring a great customer experience. This role will also provide similar attention to the Wonoloer community to set job-seekers up for success. We are looking for someone that is not afraid to try new ideas to ensure the Wonolo community is continuously growing and engaged.
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the greater Seattle area. #LI-DNI
What you'll do:
- Build trusting relationships with customers and advise on improvements to their standard operating procedures
- Travel to different customer locations (commonly a warehouse or production facility) and coordinate with customers on issues relating to the check-in / check-out process, time-theft prevention procedures, and other issues relating to Wonoloers' completion of jobs
- Serve as an expert on the ins and outs of our software and escalate feedback to improve the customer and Wonoloer experience
- Host local onboarding and community engagement events. Help to acquire, onboard, or assess workers for W2 jobs as needed, including reviewing I-9 and worker identification documentation
- Monitor key growth metrics and work cross-functionally to address specific market needs
- Execute creative ideas, improve operational processes, and test experiments to improve our customer and Wonoloer experience
Who you are:
- 2-4+ years of experience in operations, customer success, staffing, event coordination, recruiting, and/or sales
- Experience identifying growth opportunities and self-driven to complete tasks and to proactively solve issues. Review data metrics to have an understanding of the health of the market.
- Communication skills to engage various communities with many types of personalities and backgrounds, including customers, individuals not familiar with Wonolo, and the established Wonoloer community
- A positive self-starter and eager learner willing to own results, try new things, and not be afraid to ask questions
- Flexibility to potentially work some weekend days and/or evenings on occasion depending on customer need
- This role will require up to 50% travel to and from customer facilities, and will therefore require a reliable form of transportation
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Nice to haves:
- Marketplace and/or startup experience
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Sheets, Slides, Docs, Forms) and Excel
- Experience in the industrial/warehousing environment is a plus
- The expected pay range for this position is $61,500-$65,000 per year. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company's sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years, and depth of relevant experience. Additionally, this role is currently eligible to participate in Wonolo’s equity plan as well as a range of health and wellbeing, retirement savings, and other benefits within a holistic total rewards offering.
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 200+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States, Canada, and Latin America. We are well-funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Wonolo is a Great Place to Work-Certified company for delivering a consistently high-trust experience for all employees. We value representation and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2022 (Medium to Large)
#24 in Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2021 (Small and Medium)
#12 in Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 (Small and Medium)
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal-opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but is not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
Wonolo does not accept agency or consulting resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, email alias, Wonolo employees or any other organization location. Wonolo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.