Sr. Admin, Financial Systems & Operations
Accounting & Finance, Operations
Remote · Canada
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo recently raised $140M in growth funding which will continue to help us empower the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
We are looking for a Sr. Admin to design, develop, and oversee the operation and maintenance of our Finance organization's various systems. This role will support data integrity, develop automated solutions, and work in collaboration with other departments to help develop solutions to streamline and automate processes in an administrative capacity. Wonolo currently uses NetSuite as its Accounting software and is continually evaluating its technology solutions to scale and grow the business.
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the United States and Canada #LI-Remote.
What you'll do:
- Assist in the evaluation of our current systems and the assessment of new potential software decisions
- Provide expertise, technical support, administration, and maintenance of all internal accounting systems - currently NetSuite, Avalara, Bill.com, Stripe, Expensify & Ramp CC
- Partner with other System teams to integrate our Financial Tool Stack across our business
- Support reporting needs in NetSuite, including customization of financial statements, saved searches, KPIs, and dashboards
- Maintain end-to-end customer invoicing data flow, process, and configuration
- Participate/lead the new business discussions from a tech/process perspective representing Finance
- Architect Finance tech solution in relation to upstream system changes
- Develop and maintain an accounting systems road map highlighting the systems enhancements being pursued
- Act as a liaison with third-party vendors to troubleshoot systems
- Perform and facilitate testing of end to end solutions (inclusive of non-financial systems)
- Act as liaison with the business for troubleshooting: investigation, analysis, and solves software/tech problems
- Project manage cross-functional system projects
Who you are:
- BS/BA in Information Systems or Finance/Accounting Degree or related field
- 2+ years of experience as an administrator in NetSuite
- 1+ years of experience with Avalara integrated into NetSuite
- Experience configuring, maintaining, and otherwise supporting the Order-to-Cash (O2C), Procure-to-Pay (P2P), and Record-to-Report (R2R) processes within NetSuite
- Experience assisting with month-end, quarter-end, year-end, and financial audit activities
- Experience building and maintaining SuiteFlow workflows in NetSuite
- Proven NetSuite administrator-level knowledge of roles, permissions, custom objects, scripting, workflows, reports, and dashboards
- Comfortable with a development lifecycle that includes gathering business requirements, performing acceptance testing, iterating on feedback, and migrating from a sandbox environment to production
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Nice to haves:
- Experience managing projects, especially as it relates to financial operations
- Experience with enterprise CRM platforms such as Salesforce
- Experience integrating a payment processing system such as Stripe with NetSuite or other ERPs
- Experience integrating Accounts Payable platforms such as Bill.com with NetSuite or other ERPs
- Experience integrating expense platforms such as Expensify with NetSuite or other ERPs
- Experience integrating bank feeds into and reconciling bank statements within NetSuite or other ERPs
- Ability to create Advanced PDF/HTML templates in NetSuite, using a combination of HTML, CSS, and Freemarker
- Experience using SuiteAnalytics datasets and workbooks for reporting and dashboards
- Knowledge of Oracle SQL and/or SuiteQL and how to leverage it within NetSuite
- Knowledge of how to use the SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF) for environment management (promoting customizations from a sandbox environment to production)
- Knowledge of SOX/SOC compliance considerations as they relate to financial systems and reporting
- Ability to read SuiteScript 1.0 or 2.x and understand what is being accomplished
Benefits and Perks:
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven and well-funded start-up
- Meaningful equity and company bonus
- We pay 100% of the medical/dental/vision insurance premiums for you
- Generous parental leave plan
- Cell phone reimbursement and company laptop
- Access to continued learning, unlimited access to Udemy for Business sponsored by Wonolo
- Retirement plans as well as life and disability insurance
- Access to no-cost on-demand mental health support, including counselling, mindfulness and meditation, and wellbeing courses
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible schedules, an open vacation policy, and the ability to work from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada (no more commutes!)
- Team outings, happy hours, company off-sites, and more!
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 200+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States, Canada, and Latin America. We are well-funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Wonolo is a Great Place to Work-Certified company for delivering a consistently high-trust experience for all employees. We value representation and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2022 (Medium to Large)
#24 in Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2021 (Small and Medium)
#12 in Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 (Small and Medium)
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal-opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but is not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
Wonolo does not accept agency or consulting resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, email alias, Wonolo employees or any other organization location. Wonolo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Wonolo
Something looks off?