Test Automation Developer
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Remote · Brazil
Posted on Monday, May 1, 2023
Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo recently raised $140M in growth funding which will continue to help us empower the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
We are looking for a Test Automation Developer to provide contractual services to Wonolo’s Automation team. You will be employed by an entity authorized to do business in the location in which you reside. In this contract role, you will work closely with the different feature development teams and become an integral part of their development process. We pride ourselves on building an ecosystem of tools, libraries and frameworks to help teams across the entire company.
In this role, you will be contributing to building automated tests for our Web portals and APIs. This role will be fully focused on building a reliable and flexible test harness using existing tools but with the flexibility of exploring new approaches.
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in LatAm #LI-Remote.
What you'll do:
- Participate and lead test automation initiatives for Web, API, Mobile apps and internal tools
- Work together with the development team to prioritize and provide adequate test coverage to existing and new features
- Leverage your experience and knowledge of Selenium/Appium, Robot framework and Python to improve test reliability and performance
- Assist other team members in creating, evaluating, and prioritizing test cases for automation
- Help design, architect, and execute initiatives to improve product quality
- Develop libraries and tools to facilitate automated and manual tests
- Perform code reviews to enforce coding standards and best practices
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in Software Quality Assurance with an emphasis on writing automated tests from scratch
- Extensive experience with QA methodologies and an ability to design automated and manual test cases to provide full coverage
- Strong programming experience in Python
- Experience with various Python-based testing frameworks such as Pytest and Robot Framework for API and Web testing or equivalent in other languages
- Experience writing tests using Selenium Webdriver and/or Appium
- Working knowledge of relational databases (Postgres/MySQL) and the ability to write SQL queries
- Experience working with defect tracking systems such as JIRA
- Source code management/version control systems such as Git
- Experience with CI/CD tools
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Nice to haves: (Optional)
- Experience testing/interfacing with Ruby on Rails and React applications
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks
- Knowledge of Docker and NomadWorking knowledge of REST and GraphQL
- Hands-on experience with Postman
- Previous experience working with distributed teams in different time zones
Benefits and perks:
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven and well-funded start-up
- Health insurance
- Company laptop
- Option to be paid in US dollars
- Access to continued learning, unlimited access to Udemy for Business sponsored by Wonolo
- Access to no-cost on-demand mental health support, including counselling, mindfulness and meditation, and wellbeing courses
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible schedules, an open vacation policy, and the ability to work from anywhere in LatAm (no more commutes!)
- Team outings, happy hours, company off-sites, and more!
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 200+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States, Canada, and Latin America. We are well-funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Wonolo is a Great Place to Work-Certified company for delivering a consistently high-trust experience for all employees. We value representation and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2022 (Medium to Large)
#24 in Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2021 (Small and Medium)
#12 in Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 (Small and Medium)
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal-opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but is not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
Wonolo does not accept agency or consulting resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, email alias, Wonolo employees or any other organization location. Wonolo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
See more open positions at Wonolo
Something looks off?