Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Posted on Monday, April 3, 2023
Turvo provides the world’s leading collaboration application designed specifically for the supply chain. Turvo connects people and organizations allowing shippers, logistics providers, and carriers to unite their supply chains, deliver outstanding customer experiences, collaborate in real-time, and accelerate growth. The technology unifies all systems, internal and external, providing one end-to-end solution to execute all operations and analytics while eliminating redundant manual tasks and automating business processes. Turvo customers include some of the world’s largest, Fortune 500 logistics service providers, shippers and freight brokers. Turvo is based in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Dallas, Texas, and Hyderabad, India. (www.turvo.com)
- Proactively monitor production environment and respond quickly in response to trends or issues.
- Contribute in debugging, troubleshooting the complete stack of a service and drive the analysis of
- an outage.
- Participate actively in bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.
- Document operational processes for proactive monitoring, debugging and resolving issues.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with "operability" in mind.
- Design, write and deliver high quality software to improve the availability, reliability, scalability, latency, security, resiliency, and efficiency of a service.
- Write software and build automation to resolve problems permanently.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical
- 5+ years in a UNIX-based large-scale web operations role.
- 2+ Years Experience with at least one programming language like Java, Ruby, or Python (Java
- is preferred).
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDb, Cassandra, etc.)
- Familiarity with application profiling, system scalability, monitoring and performance.
- Ability to understand unfamiliar code bases, and debug server-side, multi-threaded, and highly scalable applications.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong debugging, troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good written and verbal communications skills and must be a strong team player.
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers.
See more open positions at Turvo
Something looks off?