Posted on Saturday, April 1, 2023
Why Work at Sunfolding
Sunfolding is fueling the future of smart solar by designing solar trackers that move our world forward. Our simply smarter approach infuses every action we take.
Click here to learn more about what makes Sunfolding a great place to work.
The Construction Manager will manage the construction progress of Sunfolding projects, guide subcontractors, and apply lean construction practices to enable clean delivery of projects on time and budget. This includes working closely with the Project Manager, and Senior Program Manager-Construction Planning to develop the project construction schedule and resources, and ensure subcontractors are employing the Sunfolding approach to safe and efficient installation. This position will deliver project-site training and support to subcontractors and other service providers, helping our customers streamline installations.
- Ensure that work onsite reflects our internal commitment to excellence in safety.
- Work with our installation partners to create construction schedules and ensure all projects progress on schedule
- Budget planning, creation, and management over the multi-week duration with internal and external resources.
- Apply manufacturing concepts to construction environment;
- Manage multiple projects at once while maintaining the highest quality standards;
- Proactively communicate with Sunfolding Project Managers;
- Utilize CRM and ERP to create and communicate the Sunfolding deliverable schedule from project kickoff to final project commissioning;
- Identify and communicate field equipment needs and work with subcontractors to source and deliver to site;
- Provide construction oversight, and perform critical quality review of installed Sunfolding equipment, and document non-conformances;
- Oversee subcontractors and vendors ensure quality standards are met.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's/Associate degree in Construction Management, Civil or Mechanical Engineering + 3 years of Construction management experience, OR, Equivalent combination of Military site leadership experience with focus on Logistics, Materials Management or Project Management.
- Familiarity with construction and/or subcontractor management processes,
- National Electrical Code knowledge preferred;
- OSHA 10 HR Training, OSHA 30 preferred
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work outdoors in varying climate conditions.
- Able to operate field vehicles (UTVs, Field Truck); certification will be required.
- Must have a current driver's license.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout North America, or internationally as required or directed.
- Working Conditions:30% of the time is spent in the office/home office environment. 70% of the time is spent on the road.
Commitment To Diversity
Sunfolding’s commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive environment is foundational to our Mission. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
See more open positions at Sunfolding
Something looks off?