Senior Structural Engineer
Denver, CO, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2023
Why work at Sunfolding
Join Sunfolding as we improve the infrastructure driving solar power's rise throughout the world. Sunfolding deploys solar trackers that eliminate earthwork and speed up installation with a collaborative, dynamic team and a ground-breaking technology. Sunfolding expands the boundaries of where solar can go with a cutting edge product that can be built on any land with minimal impact.
Click here to learn more about what makes Sunfolding a great place to work.
Leveraging your abilities in structural and system level thinking, you will empower Sunfolding customers to produce brilliant power plant designs by utilizing a simplified and effective playbook. You will create and deploy Sunfolding design best practices for the development of engineering documentation for customer projects, and you will enable valuable solutions for professional solar power plants.
- Develop best practices for integrating Sunfolding’s unique flexible actuation based tracker into our structural design playbook.
- Oversee solar civil and structural engineering deliverables and packages.
- Coordinate with Sunfolding Product Engineering to ensure Project Engineering practices and documentation is in sync.
- Assist with preparation of design documents for Project design including calculations, drawings, and specifications.
- Review and respond to client project documentation including site layouts, geotechnical reports, energy analysis Design of civil/foundation, structural, and racking construction design sets for Projects.
- Draft geotechnical testing programs to develop execution schedule and budget in conjunctions with Project Manager and subcontractors.
- Develop techniques to accurately estimate earthwork required to integrate Sunfolding trackers.
- Perform structural analysis and confirm specifications for incorporation into Project engineering packages
- Identify and implement techniques to grow team bandwidth and efficiency supporting increases in project volume and scale.
- Coordinate with external engineering services and project AHJs.
- Increase Sunfolding capabilities in civil and geotechnical design in collaboration with external consultants
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering.
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Professional experience in an engineering management role in a project-based or construction business.
- 3D modeling and drawing experience.
- AutoCAD/Civil 3D construction drawing experience is required.
- Experience with structural design software such as SAP2000 and RISA-3D.
- Thorough understanding of IBC, ASCE/SEI 7, ANSI/AISC360, AISI S100.
- Customer appropriate communication skills and ability to understand client needs and translate needs into project deliverables.
- Ability and desire to create optimized systems based on Sunfolding’s unique technology.
- Interpersonal and supervisory skills to ensure team members understand requirements and can deliver effectively.
- Problem-solving skills to address issues that arise during design and construction.
- Strategic thinking to develop solutions that can mitigate risk during construction.
- 25% travel to projects sites.
Salary range for this role will vary based upon location and experience. Estimated range is $100,000 to $200,000.
Commitment to Diversity
Sunfolding’s commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive environment is foundational to our Mission. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
See more open positions at Sunfolding
Something looks off?