Senior Customer Success Manager, Retail Enterprise Accounts (Hybrid)
What's better for the environment should be better for business.
SmarterX is in an incredible position. The company has the data needed to make products better. For people, and for the planet. We have landed giant customers, 4 of the largest retailers on the planet, and over 1,600 suppliers, including half of the top 10 consumer product manufacturers worldwide. We are, in fact, changing the world.
Our customers are the places you shop every day, like Costco and Albertsons, and brands such as Lysol, Dawn, and Colgate. They use our AI powered services to identify how to best handle regulated consumer products across the supply chain to remain compliant, avoid fines and reduce their environmental impact.
We have brought together a passionate team of math nerds, chemistry wizards, AI gurus and retail pros. We work smart, and we get stuff done. Our innovation, impact, and employee experience awards are pretty cool: Fast Company Most Innovative Companies, Built In Best Place to Work, Real Leader Impact Award, and SEAL Sustainable Innovation Award.
Join us to make a difference that matters.
Role & Responsibilities
We seek a Senior Customer Success Manager for our retail customers who is motivated to drive success for the client relationships they own. As a member of our Customer Success Organization, they will work with a team responsible for partnering with stakeholders from all disciplines to understand, evaluate, and prioritize critical business needs and mobilize SmarterX’s team to deliver on committed business with the retailer. In this role they will:
- Own the entire post-sale experience, from implementation (in partnership with internal teams) to the renewal for our enterprise retail accounts.
- Understand the client’s business initiatives and map to SmarterX’s portfolio of products and services; this requires a deep understanding of SmarterX data product capabilities.
- Manage projects with multiple stakeholders and systems, working within tight project and client timelines with resource constraints.
- Demonstrate the ability to hear client pain points and translate into clear messages to the SmarterX team, weighing in on priorities and advising on tradeoffs.
- Build an open, trusting relationship with internal and external stakeholders and act as a conduit for regular feedback.
- Identify additional monetization opportunities within the account.
Processes They Own:
- Ensuring the success of the client experience with SmarterX, for example: ensuring implementation and technology integrations necessary to make those successful occur on time and within agreed scope
- Strengthen the client’s relationship health post-sale by deeply embedding in the accounts to drive high engagement, including designing and executing QBRs
- Create and maintain core documentation in central location
You will become the subject matter expert on:
- The ecosystem of your book of business (mapping the client organization, supply chain, tech, etc.)
- Retailer contract and associated revenue, technology and service expectations for SmarterX
- SmarterX data products and capabilities (and how they solve client business problems)
Your First Six Months
- 1 month:
- Understand contract, expectations, and be able to articulate success metrics per retailer in your assigned book of business
- Understand broader SmarterX business, core product offerings, and demonstrate how to talk about the SmarterX value prop to external stakeholders
- Meet core stakeholders at retailers within your book of business
- 3 months:
- Establish yourself as the “quarterback” of your book of business with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate fluency in SmarterX products and functionality, as well as where we fit in our retailers business process
- Identify opportunities to drive efficiencies for our retailer customers or internal teams
- Manage the pipeline of your book of business
- 6 months:
- Own documentation, process definition and improvement, and strategic project management for your book of business
- You demonstrate exceptional communication skills
- You possess a high degree of self-awareness, autonomy, and decisiveness
- You have a passion for action and results and the metrics to back up your claims
- You have experience facilitating enterprise implementations (experience with technical implementations a big plus)
- You have successfully managed large commercial relationships with retail clients or have significant P&L responsibility within a retail organization
- You excel in navigating a multi-stakeholder environment (internal and client-facing)
- You can demonstrate your ability to successfully renew, cross-sell, and upsell a customer
- You have fluency in pipeline management and forecasting
- You are highly organized and use data to make decisions
- You have success working cross functionally with Technology/ Engineering, Product, Design, Customer, Support teams to deliver results (and you have used up to date tools to manage this work and your communications with those teams)
- You are customer-focused and motivated by helping your customers reach their goals
- You understand core retail market forces and how they may influence priorities for retailers
- You are curious
This role requires travel; the candidate must be willing to travel up to 30%.
- 10+ years experience in customer facing roles
- 5+ years retail experience required (in house or working directly with retailers)
- Demonstrated experience managing enterprise-grade relationships
- Experience with enterprise-grade technical implementations (non-technical role)
- Experience in building successful senior-level business relationships and facilitating conversations at all levels, including the C-suite
- Experience at a fast paced, startup or smaller organization
Compensation: From $150,000 plus bonus
Your Benefits & Perks
401k Program with Non-Elective Company Contribution
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Covered at 95%
Generous Family Leave
Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
Discounted Pet Insurance
Flexible Paid Time Off and 14 Company Holidays
Job Related, Continuing Education Support
All-Hands Offsite, Volunteering
Remote Office Stipend
Annual Costco Membership
Annual State or National Parks Pass
You choose us not only because this is the role you’ve been waiting for, but also because we are a purpose-driven company committed to our mission. You’ll be joining a group of machine learning experts, successful serial entrepreneurs, data scientists, sustainability experts, recovering consultants and national account program managers whose passion for data-driven sustainability drives us. You choose us because our values resonate with you. At SmarterX this means: We do what it takes. We begin from a position of curiosity. We are driven to become experts. We are real. We have grit. You share our belief that a healthy culture is key to the company’s success and more importantly our employees’ happiness.
Better decisions. Better data. Greener planet. All made possible by the best people. Come join our team!
At SmarterX, we understand that a workforce that includes a robust mix of genders, ages, ethnicities, religions and socioeconomic backgrounds is more likely to reflect a variety of perspectives and thought patterns - leading to more innovation, brainstorming, problem-solving and strategizing. That is why we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.