The Merchandising Associate is a fast-paced, hands-on position that owns all processes regarding Shift customers’ ability to view, and purchase inventory. Both physical and virtual lot presentations are maintained by the Merchandising team as well as upkeep and processing of sellable inventory. The Merchandising Associate will manage on-site inventory in a highly detailed manner, and work closely with Transportation, Sales and Recon Teams to keep tight inventory controls.
What You Will Do:
- Lot Maintenance: Areas of the lot are designated and maintained at all times in a compliant, clean and presentable manner.
- Perform daily key and vehicle scanning and security, as well as audits, and reconciling all issues immediately.
- Manage customer facing vehicle acquisitions and seller appointments, both in-person and over the phone, by email and text.
- Stage delivery appointments prior to customer arrival or prior to delivery pick-up, as well as On Site Transportation movement such as releasing vehicles to drivers, and ordering vehicle transportation.
- Photos vehicles for upload to our website for on-line vehicle sales.
- Wholesale vehicle management including vehicle inspections for potential customers, and regular follow up of aged, missing title, and unsellable inventory with recommendations for resolution.
- Vehicle marketing material quality is uniform and meets all necessary regulations.
- Location assortment planning, to include sold vehicle analysis and suggestions for current physical inventory.
- Reporting stolen vehicles and insurance claims, following up until completion.
- Other duties as assigned by leads and managers.
What You Will Bring:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver's License in applicable state (or ability to obtain upon relocation) and a good driving record.
- Excellent Customer Service skills, good communication skills, and works well within a culture of continuous improvement.
- The ability to think quickly, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and problem-solve in real time.
- Positive teamwork and conflict resolution skills with a willingness to try new things and take constructive criticism/feedback.
- Proficiency in basic computer skills.
- Strong interest in the automotive industry.
We’re a tech company who has built an e-commerce marketplace for customers to buy and sell used cars, all while having an experience that is fun, fair and accessible. We’ve set out to transform a huge industry using cutting-edge technology, and bring transparency and convenience to the car buying and selling process.
We aren’t stopping there. We bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Shift prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Shift conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
So what does that mean?
Shift is committed to the belief that all individuals deserve uncompromising respect, and we recognize and celebrate each person's uniqueness and individuality. All of us together fabricate the DNA of what makes Shift such a collaborative, powerful, and authentic place to work.
Shift is dedicated to ensuring that diversity helps our employees, customers, vendors and communities reach their full potential. We strive to maintain a diverse workforce that represents and meets the needs of our customers and the communities where we work and live.
Something looks off?