Business Office Manager
The Business Office Manager is responsible for overall performance and customer service provided by the Business Office. The Business Office Manager carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and is expected to develop, coordinate, and maintain a high level of document management, federal and state compliance, and departmental strategies. The Manager is responsible for designing and implementing improved processes and operational policies. They are expected to develop and manage all Business Office personnel by providing training and assisting in all areas of the business. The Business Office Manager is expected to identify departmental trends, perform forecasting, identify current and future issues and put an action plan in place. They are responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
What You Will Do:
- Manages daily operations of the title and registration team supporting DMV vehicle registration and provides DMV guidance to other teams.
- Management of team, cash procedures, and paperwork processes associated with the sale, wholesale, servicing and purchase of vehicles.
- Interviews qualified candidates as potential additions to an aggressively growing team.
- Identifies process improvements that add value to the customer and associate experience by utilizing reports, analyzing information, and monitoring trends to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Works with cross-functional teams, i.e. Customer Support, Sales, and Accounting.
- Works closely with Upper Management on developing and delivering training sessions, building process efficiencies, and title registration tooling.
- Utilizes off-the-shelf and internal tools to manage multiple document processes and statuses and displays financial responsibility through P&L management.
What You Will Bring:
- Automotive industry experience.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as you will be managing the evening and weekend staff.
- Past management experience and excels in building teams for success by building strong teams to meet performance goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively to conduct interviews with applicants, and interact with hiring managers and other employees, vendors, contractors and business contacts.
- Demonstrate proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, Google docs, applicable tracking systems, and database management programs in order to complete required reports.
- Is an excellent mediator, capable of resolving conflicts before they escalate.
- Utilizes a variety of analytical techniques to solve problems.
- Handles all responsibilities in a professional manner and is accountable for their actions.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- DMV vehicle registration and title processing experience.
- Retail environment experience.
Compensation is $62,000 - $80,000 annually, based on experience, plus $10k in bonus.
We’re a tech company who has built an e-commerce marketplace for customers to buy and sell used cars, all while having an experience that is fun, fair and accessible. We’ve set out to transform a huge industry using cutting-edge technology, and bring transparency and convenience to the car buying and selling process.
We aren’t stopping there. We bring that same transparency and convenience to car ownership too, with payments, maintenance, and insurance in one easy app. At Shift, we’re building the tools that empower people to buy, own, and sell the cars that make life go.
Shift is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Shift prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Shift conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
So what does that mean?
Shift is committed to the belief that all individuals deserve uncompromising respect, and we recognize and celebrate each person's uniqueness and individuality. All of us together fabricate the DNA of what makes Shift such a collaborative, powerful, and authentic place to work.
Shift is dedicated to ensuring that diversity helps our employees, customers, vendors and communities reach their full potential. We strive to maintain a diverse workforce that represents and meets the needs of our customers and the communities where we work and live.
Something looks off?