Autonomy Test Engineer
|Coraopolis, PA, USA
Why join Seegrid?
Seegrid is the leading provider of self-driving industrial vehicles. We develop and deliver mobile robots and enterprise software for global leaders in logistics, manufacturing, warehousing, and e-commerce. Our suite of solutions includes vision-guided vehicles, fleet management software, actionable analytics, and best-in-class service and support. Our unique and proven technology sets us apart-our automation solutions have safely driven millions of autonomous miles in real production facilities without a single personnel safety incident. We are seeking energetic, bright, and friendly people to help achieve our vision: to fortify global supply chains and create profitable economies with safe, seamless, and smart mobile robotics solutions.
About The Role
As a Test Engineer on the Autonomy Team at Seegrid, you will collaborate closely with developers to validate the efficacy of our autonomy solutions. You will be responsible for developmental testing of our AMRs on both vehicle hardware and in simulation. A primary product of your experiments will be data, and your responsibilities will also include aggregating, curating, and organizing these data to support the development of next-generation autonomy solutions for our industry leading industrial autonomous vehicles. You should have experience as a test engineer, data analyst, or data engineer, and have fluency with at least one programming language. Broad exposure to college level math, statistics, and probability theory is required for this position. To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate initiative under minimal direction and be comfortable supporting the experimental requirements of multiple groups, systems, and products. This role reports to the Manager of the Data and Experimental Engineering Team.
- Conduct of developmental tests to validate Autonomy software components against both vehicle and installation-specific requirements.
- Expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architectures, as well as optimizing data flow and collection across the Autonomy Team's Perception, Planning and Control groups.
- Employing, extending, and authoring software tools to support data collection, analysis, and visualization.
- Leading data labeling efforts for our ML models, with an emphasis on automating approaches through programmatic labeling.
- Curating test data sets for inclusion into our automated software testing pipeline.
- Implementing processes and systems to monitor data quality and ensure data accuracy.
- Organizing historical field data to facilitate and (where possible) automate future incident troubleshooting.
- Triage autonomy-related service tickets that escalate to engineering and take them to resolution to ensure the highest levels of service for our customers
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or a related technical field
- Previous experience in a Test, Data Analyst, or Data Engineer position
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in one or more programming languages such as Python and/or C++
- Fluent in working with Linux, particularly on the command-line
- Familiarity with software version control systems (e.g., Git) and other software engineering best practices (e.g., unit testing, continuous integration, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience working with databases, common sensor data serialization formats/tools (csv, json, HDF5, rosbag, etc.), and data pipelining tools
- Familiar with best practices for preparing training data for machine learning models
- Experience using containers (e.g., Docker)
- Robotics related experience
- Experience with ROS or ROS2
Seegrid has been recognized nationally as a Best-Place-to-Work. We'd love to have you join us!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
We have used the information you provided to populate your application.
You will have the option to edit the information before you submit your application.
Click Apply for this Position below to proceed.
Import your Profile
Click one of the buttons below to provide us with your information: