Head of Legal
Scandit is seeking an experienced leader to head our global Legal function and oversee all legal aspects of our company. The ideal candidate is a skilled and flexible, strongly commercially-oriented lawyer who enjoys close cooperation with other business functions and C-level management to support the growth and long-term success of the company. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in supporting the company on its way to a potential future IPO.
As the Head of Legal, you will lead our in-house legal team (currently 3 experienced lawyers based in the US, UK and Spain) and manage external counsel providing expert knowledge where needed. You will be a true business partner to the entire organization, supporting our teams with legal matters, managing risk, ensuring compliance, and providing strategic legal advice to support our business objectives. You enjoy hands-on legal work but even more so leading a team, developing processes and managing projects, and have experience in all these areas. You will ensure legal tasks are handled pragmatically but with precision and professionalism, and you have the proven ability to execute at the highest level.
What You Will Do
The ideal candidate will have prior experience in most, if not all, of the following areas and a keen interest to learn about and manage other areas:
- Leadership: Lead and manage a hybrid team comprising in-house lawyers as well as external counsel, fostering a collaborative, high-performance culture
- Legal Strategy: Develop and implement legal strategies to support the company's overall business objectives
- Risk Management: Identify, assess, communicate, and make decisions on legal risks across all areas of the business, including commercial contracts, intellectual property rights and data privacy
- Commercial Contracting: Oversee and participate in commercial contract negotiations, maintaining smooth contracting processes and ensuring favourable terms for the company
- IPR and Privacy Compliance: Ensure compliance with intellectual property rights and privacy regulations, staying abreast of relevant legal developments
- Corporate Governance & Compliance: Support the business in compliance with corporate governance principles, including by providing guidance on related company policies and compliance programs, such as ESG
- M&A: If required, assist with M&A and strategic alliance matters, including due diligence and negotiating transactional documents
- Employee Relations: Support our People team on employment matters, including contracts, terminations, and workplace policies
- Training & Education: Provide legal and compliance training and guidance to enhance legal awareness within the organisation
Who You Are
The ideal candidate will have most of the following qualifications:
- A law degree from an accredited institution; current/former admission to a state bar is a plus
- 10+ years of experience practising law in a similar role with exposure to relevant areas of law and business (preferably with a background in IT, software, or SaaS businesses)
- Experience leading and managing a legal team
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to align legal strategies with business objectives
- Excellent organisational, analytical, and communication skills to express complex legal matters in clear, concise, business-friendly language
- Ability to identify and weigh business and legal risks, think strategically and advance creative, legally sound practical solutions in the context of business goals
- A strong record of effective cross-functional collaboration, as well as the ability to manage or oversee multiple large-scale projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills, with acute attention to detail
- Professional level of English
Who We Are
Scandit enables enterprises and consumers to change the way they interact with everyday objects and augment the physical world with real-time data captured by scanning barcodes and recognizing text, objects, and other visual identifiers using smartphones, tablets, wearables, drones and robots.
Scandit’s mobile data capture platform is built on proprietary computer vision, augmented reality, and machine learning technologies. Companies in industries such as retail, transportation & logistics, manufacturing, and healthcare can use Scandit’s technology to create and power mobile apps for crucial enterprise workflows like mobile point of sale, mobile shopping, self-checkout, inventory management, and proof of delivery.
Many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies are benefiting from Scandit’s enterprise-grade mobile data capture platform, including Sephora, Louis Vuitton, DHL, and Levi Strauss & Co.
We help you capture every opportunity. www.scandit.com