Business Development Representative
Imagine the What. Build the How.
Scandit gives people superpowers. Whether enabling delivery drivers to make quicker deliveries, matching a patient with their medication or allowing retailers to make store operations more efficient, our technology automates workflows and provides actionable insights to help businesses in a variety of industries. Join us, as we continue to expand, grow and innovate, and help take Scandit to the next level.
Business Development at Scandit
Building relationships with everyone from the world’s biggest enterprises to the newest start-ups. At Scandit we define Enterprise as companies with $1b in revenue. So as you can imagine, this will include many of the world's leading global brands. You will be selling the potential of our smart data capture technology. Collaborating, learning and innovating with diverse colleagues. It’s all in a day’s work for our one-of-a-kind team. If you want to bring groundbreaking solutions to companies and directly impact how their businesses operate, then this is the team for you.
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), your role will be to generate leads for net new customers for our enterprise or mid-market sales team.
You’ll be part of a team helping to turn Scandit’s ambitious growth plans into reality. Here’s how:
- Generate pre-sale opportunities through targeted outreach via phone, email, social and others.
- Qualify inbound leads related to target accounts efficiently and effectively to increase conversion rates and value to pipeline.
- Perform qualification calls with high level prospects that assess commercial, technical and product fit.
- Consistent delivery of quality outreach that drives engagement in senior personas in target accounts.
- Research named accounts based on quarterly performance, organisational challenges, executive personnel changes, market conditions, and existing technology.
- Orchestrate discussions with senior executives around their business needs
- Set up meetings and demos for Account Executives
- Maintain lead, account, contact, and opportunity data across CRM platforms.
- Keep detailed and accurate notes of all sales related activities
- Work closely with the Account Executives and field marketeers by country and/or vertical.
- Strategise with Scandit sales management to improve sales processes
Who we look for
Outstanding rapport builders who take initiative and operate with integrity. We welcome people with a wide range of skill sets and professional backgrounds. You will come with a hunger for success, a humility to learn and grow and emotional intelligence that helps you read people and situations well. Here are a few other key qualities you need to bring to the role:
- Ideally have some experience in retail, logistics, manufacturing, or healthcare but not essential.
- Strong desire to learn and succeed in technology/software sales
- Proactive attitude and ability to excel in an environment with multiple competing responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and spoken communication skills
- You have energy, enthusiasm, commitment to detail and are results oriented.
- You have the ability to think on your feet and display good judgement.
- Willingness to go beyond your role, your team and (sometimes) your comfort zone to make a cross-functional impact on the business
- Proactively seek feedback, utilise these moments as learning opportunities to drive consistent improvement in what you do.
- Worked with the ANZ market, a distinct advantage
We support your sales career
- World-class tech stack to make you as productive as possible
- Company business development onboarding track to get you generating and converting leads fast.
- Regular regional and company-wide sales events to ensure collaboration, communication and alignment.
- Flat, accessible leadership structure to support in commercial activities: win as a team.
- Visible progression path to Sales and Management opportunities through tailored enablement programme.
The good stuff
So many benefits, so little space! Here are just some of the reasons why people choose to build their career at Scandit:
- Opportunity to work with world-class sales leaders and SaaS experts
- Smart, people-first culture
- Flexible, office, hybrid or home working
- Innovation hackathons
- Global team outings
- Festive/end of year all company celebrations
- Your birthday off
- Learning and development opportunities
- Mentoring programs
- An attractive individual equity plan in a high growth company
- Top notch tech pack to enable you to do your most productive work
- Brand new optimized-for-hybrid working HQ in Zurich as well as local offices in hotspots London, Tampere, Warsaw, Boston, Singapore and Tokyo
- As well as specific benefits related to the location you are joining
We are proud to be “GREAT PLACE TO WORK” certified in the UK, USA, Switzerland, France, Italy & Poland and “UK’ BEST COMPANIES FOR WELLBEING” in the UK
You could be the difference
At Scandit we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be a safe space for all.
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed.
Imagine the What. Build the How.