Head of Information Security
Imagine the what. Build the how.
Could you help secure superpowers? From text recognition to augmented reality, Scandit Smart Data Capture technology is transforming the way people interact with everyday objects. And that means no shortage of opportunities for security specialists like you. So join us and help take Scandit and our technology to the next level – securely.
Information Security at Scandit
Scandit recognises the crucial importance of maintaining and continuously improving information and cyber security in our products and services – and in Scandit as a whole. We have embarked on the next stage of our journey and are underway with an information security improvement programme that will lead to ISO 27001 certification.
We need a visionary and experienced information security professional to lead information security at Scandit and to deliver the information security improvement programme.
If the prospect of making a real difference in a wide-ranging information security role, leading a collaborative information security team in a dynamic, agile, fast-growing technology company excites you, then this is the place to be.
Are you ready to help us deliver even more secure superpowers? As the Head of Information Security you’ll lead information security at Scandit, focusing on ensuring the security of our company, our people, our customers and our products.
- Our company
- Provide leadership to the enterprise's information security function
- Provide thought leadership and horizon-scanning to contextualize existing and emerging information security threats and their potential effect on Scandit
- Create and then execute on a comprehensive information security strategy that pragmatically reduces our risks while support business agility
- Deliver the program to implement an ISMS and achieve ISO 27001 certification
- Deliver meaningful metrics to support business decision makers with regards the current state of information security - and to support prioritisation and resource allocation
- Take ownership for the response and recovery from information security incidents, ensuring that improvements identified are tracked in the ISMS
- Our people
- Ensuring that Scandit employees are equipped to be an effective first line of defense
- Work alongside departmental and functional leaders to ensure appropriate risk assessment and risk management processes are in place
- Our customers
- Act as the single point of contact for customer engagement on information security, including RFP responses, customer queries and contract negotiations
- Our products:
- Work alongside the software engineering and operations teams to ensure that our products are designed, built and operated in a secure fashion
- Identify and prioritize security features and capabilities necessary to maintain our market leading position
Who we look for
An adaptable, pragmatic and agile security practitioner, experienced in Information Security and able to apply that in a dynamic and fast-growing organization with a unique product set. Someone who is continuously growing and developing your information security knowledge and skills and applying that in your professional environment.
We know that great security practitioners come from many different backgrounds and industries – what really matters is how you apply your knowledge, skills (hard and soft) and experience in support of our strategic objectives.
Does that sound like you?
Other key qualities we are looking for include:
- A minimum of seven years' experience in risk management or information security, ideally in a B2B software environment
- Hands on experience of managing critical information security events
- Excellent understanding of current legislation and regulations relevant to our organization
- Recent experience leading an information security improvement program and/or a successful ISO 27001 certification project
- Demonstrably strong knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001 and other information security management frameworks such as NIST
- Professional Information Security certification (e.g. CISM, CISSP, or CCSP) - desirable
You could be the difference
At Scandit we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be a safe space for all.
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed.