IT Systems Administrator (Google Workspace)
IT Operations Manager at Scandit Tampere
At Scandit, we develop real-time data capture solutions for smartphones, wearables, and robots that combine modern machine learning approaches with advanced computer vision. To expand our team, we are looking for an established IT Operations Manager to help us with our growing IT needs and provide excellent IT services to our employees.
As an IT Operations Manager, you will be reporting to the Director of IT Services and responsible for our IT infrastructure, which includes employee laptops, productivity tools (mostly cloud-based, such as Google Workspace Enterprise), instant messaging, video conferencing, and VoIP. You will also contribute to the success of JML (joiners, movers & leavers) processes from manual to future automation. In this role, you will be able to shape the way we provide IT services in a scale-up environment, play an important part in our monthly onboarding process of international new joiners and support distributed teams by providing reliable, state-of-the-art IT services.
What You Will Do
- Provide system administration for key tools such as Google Workspace Enterprise (G-Suite Business)
- Manage IT services and support, which includes several key functions and projects within the IT services department, enabling the delivery of a high-quality service to end users, and ensuring IT/AV support and service delivery processes are in place to meet our business needs
- Manage and evolve the communication, collaboration, and productivity tools that we use as a team (e.g. Google Workspace Enterprise, Slack, Zoom, 1Password, Microsoft 365)
- Contribute to the success of the IT help desk including ticket resolution, metrics, and KPIs
- Process IT-related orders (hardware and software) and manage the IT inventory, while helping to manage suppliers
- Evaluate, plan, and implement internal IT technical projects such as MDM, asset management, identity management, VOIP, user portal for IT education, and IT resources
- Provide networking support for staff and their laptops including laptop troubleshooting for networking issues and any Wi-Fi issues either on-site using our Meraki tool and for other serviced offices in conjunction with local services office support
- Contribute to creating and refining both existing and new IT processes and workflows including IT purchasing and supplier management
- Work together with the JML lead on new hires to achieve the perfect introduction to Scandit, with a structured IT onboarding experience
- Develop, implement, communicate, and maintain operational IT processes, including change management, incidents, and problem management
- Get involved with information security programs (e.g. information security reviews, access control policies, disaster recovery plans)
- Evaluate and introduce new productivity tools, or management systems, to stay abreast of technology developments
- Assist with the management of 3rd party service providers and negotiate contracts with vendors
- Provide on-site events and IT support at our Zurich office (traveling required once per month)
Tools that We Use
- Google Workspace Enterprise (G-Suite Business)
- Google Endpoint Management
- Jamf Pro
- Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Microsoft 365
- Zoom, Slack, 1Password
- Asset Panda
How We Work
- You will be working closely with IT Operations Managers, IT JML Specialist and the entire IT team to drive tickets, tasks, and projects to successful completion
- You actively participate in operational IT activities while also having the opportunity to work on complex IT projects throughout their entire life cycle
- We strongly encourage you to bring in your ideas and constantly improve our ways of working
- We provide a rapidly scaling environment where you can put your enthusiasm for IT topics to use
- We have great team events: Hackathons, Christmas parties, company outings, and other regular events
Who You Are
- You have a profound knowledge of IT Service Desk with at least 3–5 years in a similar position
- Strong experience with Google Workspace Enterprise administration (G-Suite Business) and some scripting experience
- Experience in administration and support of communication tools like Slack, Zoom, and 1Password
- Experience with MDM tools such as Google Endpoint management and Jamf Pro
- IT support skills including PC/Mac hardware, software, and networking
- Broad knowledge of operating systems (mainly macOS and Windows, and basic Linux knowledge)
- Team leader experience will be seen as advantageous for this role
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate complex problems and find a systematic approach to gain a quick but long-lasting resolution
- Some previous exposure to audio and vision (AV) from installation of audio equipment and support
Who We Are
Scandit enables enterprises and consumers to change the way they interact with everyday objects and augment the physical world with real-time data captured by scanning barcodes and recognizing text, objects, and other visual identifiers using smartphones, tablets, wearables, drones, and robots.
Scandit’s mobile data capture platform is built on proprietary computer vision, augmented reality, and machine learning technologies. Companies in retail, transportation & logistics, manufacturing, and healthcare industries can use Scandit’s technology to create and power mobile apps for crucial enterprise workflows like mobile point of sale, mobile shopping, self-checkout, inventory management, and proof of delivery.
Many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies are benefiting from Scandit’s enterprise-grade mobile data capture platform, including Sephora, Nissan, DHL, and Levi Strauss & Co.
“Everybody is welcome here” - Is a celebrated component of our DNA.
At Scandit we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be a safe space for all.
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed.
We help you capture every opportunity. www.scandit.com