Senior Computer Vision Engineer (Image Enhancement)
**This role could also be based in our Warsaw office**
Scandit is a high-growth tech scaleup from Switzerland with offices in Zurich, Boston, Warsaw, London, Singapore, Tokyo, and Tampere. Our market-leading smart data capture technology enables businesses to use any standard mobile phone to extract data from barcodes, ID documents, text, and objects. To see our software in action, check out our videos.
The barcode decoding team at Scandit builds cutting edge decoding solutions. Our mission is to replace every laser scanner in the world with a Scandit powered mobile app. In addition we provide computer vision components for all Scandit products including augmented reality and shelf monitoring.
About the Role
Our pipelines combine classic computer vision and deep learning techniques to deliver robust real-time solutions. As a Senior Computer Vision Engineer in the barcode decoding team, you will design, implement and optimize recognition algorithms for our Data Capture SDK product. You will help us scan codes in difficult, real-world scenarios such as: low-resolution images, deformed codes, glare and damaged codes. Together with other engineers, you will adapt machine learning models from research papers to tackle new challenges and the hardware capabilities of modern smartphones.
What You Will Do
- Lead the technical aspects of a project, from prototype to production code, in a small team
- Add and improve barcode decoding algorithms
- Design and implement image quality enhancement and geometry estimation algorithms
- Modify and train machine learning models to meet accuracy and speed constraints
- Use automated QA systems to guarantee accuracy, speed and robustness
Our Tech Stack
- Computer vision algorithms: C++17, CMake
- Machine learning training and tooling: Python, Pytorch
- Acceleration: SIMD, Vulkan, CoreML
Who You Are
You have a passion for computer vision challenges and the latest trends in machine learning research. You have prototyped product features and brought them into production. You know what is necessary to ship and maintain computer vision systems that run on millions of devices every day.
Ideally, you have:
- A MSc or PhD degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of industry experience (or 3+ with a Ph.D. in a relevant field)
- 3+ years of practical experience in developing computer vision algorithms using classical and deep learning methods
- Solid programming experience in C++ and Python
- Solid knowledge of data structures, object-oriented programming, and software engineering principles
- In-depth knowledge of deep learning algorithms for image enhancement such as super-resolution or deblurring
- Experience in managing the technical execution of projects is advantageous
What We Offer
Here are just some of the reasons why people choose to build their career at Scandit:
- A highly skilled team and a fun environment where you can put your enthusiasm for cutting-edge technologies to use
- Excellent office infrastructure, optimized for hybrid working in Zurich, Warsaw, Tampere, and London.
- Excellent support for remote work across the UK, France, Italy, Spain, and Germany
- Innovation hackathons
- People-first culture
- Global team outings
- Festive/end of year all company celebrations
- Extra vacation day off on your birthday
- An attractive individual equity plan in a high growth company
- Do good and give back with two impact days where you are able to give time to one of our trusted nonprofit partners
- Specific benefits related to the location you are joining
Who We Are
Could your code give superpowers? Whether enabling delivery drivers to make quicker deliveries, matching a patient with their medication or allowing retailers to make store operations more efficient, our technology automates workflows and provides actionable insights to help businesses in a variety of industries. This means we have no shortage of technical challenges for engineers like you. Join us, as we continue to expand, grow and innovate, and help take Scandit to the next level.
“Everybody is welcome here” - Is a celebrated component of our DNA.
At Scandit we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be a safe space for all.
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed.