Senior Accounting Manager
As the Senior Accounting Manager at ProducePay, you will play a crucial leadership role in overseeing the bank transaction coding and accounting booking processes for all financial product portfolios. You will be responsible for managing a team, collaborating with various departments, and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of our financial records. This position reports to the Assistant Controler and requires a seasoned accounting professional with strong leadership skills.
- Transaction Coding and Accounting Booking: Lead and oversee the bank transaction coding and accounting booking processes for all financial product portfolios, including intercompany funding movements and reconciliations.
- Problem-Solving and Collaboration: Interface with Financial Operations and Treasury teams to resolve accounting-related issues and collaborate with Product teams on company-wide projects for payment process improvement.
- Team Leadership: Train, guide, supervise a team of external consultants and employee team members responsible for basic accounting functions, including Credit Cards and Bank Account Liquidations (allocation). Act as a team leader, facilitator, and problem-solver. Review the team's work to ensure quality and consistency.
- Month-End Close: Manage Portfolio Accounting's Month-End Close, including creating intercompany reconciliations, month-end adjustment journal entries, financial report presentations, and variance analysis.
- Data Management: Work with upstream teams and IT Support to obtain revenue and balance sheet data for various product portfolios, both existing and new. Create or streamline the data preparation process for accounting month-end booking. Lead the transition from portfolio (aggregate)-level accounting to transaction-level accounting.
- NetSuite Accounting System: Assist in NetSuite accounting system migration and parallel productions. Collaborate with internal and external resources to enhance NetSuite accounting processes, making them scalable and automated. Develop NetSuite into the ultimate financial data repository.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs): Develop and provide Standard Operating Procedures for internal control, training purposes, and external auditing requests.
- 5-10 years of experience in portfolio accounting with an intensive interface with the portfolio operations team, portfolio data, and bank transactions. Strong finance and business acumen along with accounting knowledge are essential.
- Proven records of leadership effectiveness and experience with hands-on Month-End Closing processes.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude, open communication, and adaptability to changes.
- Experience with QuickBooks Online (QBO) and NetSuite accounting systems is desirable.
- A degree in Accounting, Business, or a related field. CPA preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish is desirable.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Competitive comp package of base, bonus, and equity
- 401K - company automatically contributes 3%
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Quarterly Volunteer Days
- Pet Insurance
- Unlimited Paid-Time-Off
- Brilliant, motivated, and fun team members