Senior Commodity Supply Manager, Fresh Produce (remote - LATAM)
The ProducePay marketplace is transforming the global produce industry into a more connected and sustainable movement. We give farmers unprecedented access to the market, financial solutions, and trade protection they need. Buyers and consumers receive fresher produce more efficiently, knowing it is grown and delivered in responsible ways. This simplified and empowering approach will help to eliminate over 50% of economic waste and create value for everyone involved.
We are seeking a dynamic Senior Commodity Supply Manager who will become an important member of our Produce Marketplace team at ProducePay. This is a fast-paced role in a rapidly growing company.
To enable transactions within our Marketplace, the Senior Commodity Supply Manager will be responsible for connecting supply offerings from high-quality growers to support buyers’ demand, or alternatively matching buyers’ demand to potential supply options both within and outside of our existing network as required.
Day-to-day activities will stretch across managing supply/demand requirements for assigned categories, product availability assessments, replenishment, sourcing, price negotiations, market updates, supply chain coordination, forecasting, and customer relationship management. Effective Senior Commodity Supply Manager will need to have a clear understanding of the fresh produce market, be highly organized, and have managed fresh produce commodities in the past. Successful candidates will be passionate about sourcing the best product available, creating mutually beneficial relationships with growers and buyers, and working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to create value.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Own and drive the performance of various, assigned fresh produce product categories where they have relevant expertise.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships across all trading geographies (US, Mexico, Latin America, Europe, & other growth markets).
- Support the development of long-term trading programs between produce growers and buyers by ensuring surety of supply to meet on-going demand needs.
- Manage and report on KPI’s to promote business execution and success (supply / demand match rate, fill rate, rejection rate, market / competitive price analysis, etc.) Collaborate cross-departmentally to secure new supply sources when not readily available to meet demand needs .
- Act as the voice of the customer and collect feedback to facilitate continuous improvement across all areas including product, operations, and sales.
- Influence customer lifetime value through higher adoption of our Marketplace trading platform, customer satisfaction, and overall health scores.
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow problems through to resolution.
- Demonstrate a willingness to creatively troubleshoot to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- 7+ years of experience in the fresh produce industry.
- 5+ years combined experience in fresh produce replenishment, sourcing, and/or category management (e.g. exporter, importer, distributor, wholesaler, retailer, etc.).
- 4-year bachelor’s degree minimum, or equivalent years of experience, required.
- Strong network of relationships within the produce industry.
- Experience communicating, presenting, and influencing key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
- Demonstrated experience supporting both program and spot sales.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks/projects at a time, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication and email etiquette, and the ability to maintain a professional demeanor in challenging situations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter that thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced startup environment with the demonstrated capacity to lead, motivate and work well with others.
- Ability to take ownership of problems and guide to accomplish what is necessary to solve them.
- Works collaboratively with peers and always have a team-first attitude.
- Ability to conduct business proficiently in both English and Spanish, with the option to utilize additional resources, such as translation assistance, when required
- Ability to travel to meet clients 30%+ of the time or as business needs dictate.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Work location - Anywhere across Latin America.