Senior Backend Software Engineer (West Coast)
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2023
The ProducePay marketplace is transforming the global fresh produce industry into a more connected and sustainable movement. Our products empower farmers and enable Buyers and consumers to receive fresher produce more efficiently while helping to eliminate over 50% of global economic waste. At the intersection of Technology, Finance, and Agriculture, the ProducePay marketplace is building a better supply chain for fresh produce, creating transparency and placing trust at the center of every transaction.
As a Backend Software Engineer at ProducePay, you will rapidly iterate as we launch our new marketplace and financial products. You will constantly adapt to new learnings from our users and participate in the decision-making process for where we take the product next.
ProducePay's Engineering Culture
- Ownership Mindset: From our product teams to our individual team members, we take full ownership of what we do.
- Product Obsessed: Our engineers don't just build tech, they build products.
- Ego Free: Our team knows that everyone has something to teach and that there's always more to learn.
- Relentless Simplification: We are constantly simplifying the code we write, from processes to user experiences.
- Constant Growth: We do not stand still. We constantly strive to improve and grow as individuals and as a team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Work with the product, design, sales, and marketing teams to build new software products that meet our customers’ needs.
- Take ownership of technical direction, design, and architecture for new features within our platform.
- Mentor and guide other engineers using your awesome knowledge and experience. Whether through code reviews or pair programming, we want to learn from you.
- Continue to grow your skill set and knowledge. We are committed to investing in our teams.
- Extensive experience with building web applications. You’ve seen some stuff, and whether it’s good, bad, or ugly it continues to inform the decisions you make on the software you build.
- Experience with NodeJS and Typescript
- Our tech stack includes GraphQL, Postgres, and Serverless technology on AWS.
- Experience shipping production-quality software for 5+ years.
- Experience working with agile software development processes.
Who You Are
- You thrive in a fast paced environment. You enjoy solving large and oftentimes ambiguous problems.
- You are obsessed with the user experience and have a passion for building products that delight users.
- You take ownership of problems and drive to accomplish what is necessary to solve them. You don’t believe in silos or flinging tasks over a fence.
- You are a lifetime learner that isn’t afraid of diving into something new.
- You love to collaborate on problems that are bigger in scope and impact than what you could accomplish by yourself.
- You want to work with other team members that share the same passion and drive for awesome tech and products as you and have a great time doing so.
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Competitive comp package of base, bonus, and equity
- 401K - company automatically contributes 3%
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Quarterly Volunteer Days
- Pet Insurance
- Unlimited Paid-Time-Off
- Brilliant, motivated, and fun team members
See more open positions at ProducePay
Something looks off?