Account Representative, Retail & Alternative Channels
ProducePay is building a more connected and sustainable fresh produce supply chain. That means placing transparency at the center of every transaction by maximizing our Marketplace platform where we connect growers to sell their crops into many different market segments. Our main purpose is to unleash the power of farmers around the world for key strategic categories, including GRAPES, Stone Fruit, Berries, GHG Vegetables (Tomatoes/Bell Peppers/Cucumbers and Mini Sweet Peppers, Avocados, Mangos, Citrus & Melons plus Miscellaneous).
ProducePay is looking for an experienced and talented sales rep for a specific GBU (Geographical Business Units). The successful candidate will be a solid team player, passionate about produce sales, and able to make a difference in our commercial organization by penetrating retail and alternative channels.
This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled produce salesperson to take our sales to a higher level and broader reach. The position requires outstanding customer relationship management experience and will take pride in providing excellent quality and service.
This sales position is responsible for providing a high level of sales, service, and product knowledge to our customers on one of the specific GBU “Geographical Business Units” for all the retail and alternative clients with regional buying offices as headquarters located in that territory. The Junior Sales Representative role requires excellent communication skills, excellent planning, and follow-through skills. In addition, the position requires a hands-on approach and close collaboration with the sales, warehouse, and transportation teams. You must possess excellent communication skills and be highly organized, as you will be responsible for working and communicating across different departments. You will take initiative and have excellent follow-through skills.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Handle incoming sales calls from current customers and sales prospects.
- Proactively create opportunities for additional sales with new and existing customers on the specific GBU’s.
- Provide sales support and superior customer service to existing customers while also acquiring new clientele.
- Capture and track results on Salesforce platform, register and activate buyers = retail and alternative channels.
- Be self-motivated to drive collaboration and strive to reach solid sales performance to maximize the full potential of all market segments and find a home for all products harvested by our growers' ecosystem.
- Avoid and eliminate sales execution gaps on 3 key areas: inefficient prospecting, inconsistent deal management, and inaccurate revenue forecasting.
- Provide general sales team support for buyers = retail and alternative channels, as well as solid communication with sellers = growers AR’s and commodity managers.
- Answer phone calls in a professional courteous manner and assist customers whenever appropriate.
- Create daily reports, as needed.
- Coordinate to schedule bookings and pickups.
- Input, track and review sales orders, and monitor inventory levels.
- Order entry and billings.
- Junior Sales Representative requires prior knowledge of trading and sales on Fresh Foods and experience on a broadline of fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as GRAPES, Stone Fruit, Berries, GHG Vegetables (Tomatoes/Bell Peppers/Cucumbers and Mini Sweet Peppers, Avocados, Mangos, Citrus & Melons plus Miscellaneous).
- Established customer base and produce sales experience are not optional.
- Computer proficient, MS office, and Google platforms.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Salesforce, Asana project management tool, as well as demand forecast and sales monthly budgets.
- Ability to make sound decisions and solve problems.
- Strong analytical skills - with the ability to make sound decisions and problem solve.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.
- Competitive salary
- Mexican Legal Compliant Benefits
- Major Medical Expenses (Includes Vision and Dental)
- Minor Medical Expenses
- Life Insurance
- Monthly work-from-home stipend
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Professional Development Support
- Employee Referral Bonus
Something looks off?