About Pivot Bio:
At Pivot Bio, we are working together to transform agriculture, finding smarter, more sustainable and, ultimately, more profitable ways for farmers to grow. Working with and for farmers, we’re using cutting-edge science to create a microbial nitrogen for the world’s most vital crops. We are replacing synthetic fertilizers with a more sustainable, nature-driven plant nutrition that benefits farmers, consumers and the planet.
Position: Quality Supervisor, Warehouse
We are looking for someone who wants to help build the future of quality testing within Pivot Bio. The Pivot Bio Quality Department is looking for an individual to become a critical member of our Chicago team. The Warehouse team manages Pivot Bio’s inbound SKUs, product packaging, WIP management, and shipping. This position will manage a small team of seasonal contract workers responsible for the visual inspection and evaluation of Pivot Bio’s product. This individual may be asked to do minor laboratory evaluations such as measuring PH and streak plating of Pivot Bio’s products. In addition, this person will be responsible for ensuring that all quality documentation for the assigned tasks are drafted and individuals trained appropriately. This individual will work closely with the Warehouse Manager and Supply Chain Director. The quality procedures and processes enable Pivot Bio to provide the highest quality products to our customers.
- Implement and manage quality processes for a packaging and distribution center including QA review for receiving, packaging, and shipping
- Inspect inbound raw materials and WIP, record and disposition nonconforming materials
- Ensure quality along the packaging line including WIP inspection process and finished good signoff
- Develop outbound quality procedures to ensure our customers receive the highest quality products
- Perform visual inspections of product throughout the product lifecycle at the warehouse
- Develop a workflow and processes for the most effective methods of evaluating materials
- Develop a process for defect reporting and escalation
- Perform quality assurance and quality control testing for microbial products which includes viability assays, pH measurements, microscopy, colony PCR, etc.
- Manage calibration of equipment such as scales on a standard timeframe
- Deliver time-sensitive quality projects on time
- Use aseptic techniques to sample microbial products with serological pipettes
- Draft, execute, and deliver high quality data results using Excel and other quality tools
- Receive, record, and track inbound samples/material and ship outbound samples for quality testing purposes.
- Manage and coach quality and general labor contractors
- Support all general warehouse operations as necessary to keep the warehouse running safely and effectively, including waste removal, hazardous waste disposal, safety policies, equipment maintenance, stocking of supplies, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of BS degree or equivalent, preferably in Microbiology or a Biology-related field required.
- Minimum 3-5 years lab experience in Quality and Microbiology required
- Experience with product QA and QC desired.
- Ability to draft and follow SOPs, good organizational skills with attention to details.
- Good communication skills and ability to work independently.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to speak Spanish.
What we offer:
- Competitive package in a disruptive startup
- Stock options
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance with employer-paid premiums
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability policies
- Employee Assistance Program with free referrals and discounts
- 401(k) plan, 3% Match
- Commuter benefits
- Annual Training & Development support
- Flexible vacation policy with a generous holiday schedule
- Exciting opportunity to work with a talented and fun team
*Internal employees, please apply by clicking on the Internal Job Board icon on NSIDER