Nikola Labs Inc.
AssetWatch serves global manufacturers by powering manufacturing uptime through the delivery of an unparalleled condition monitoring experience, with a passion to care about the assets our customers care for every day. We are a devoted and capable team that includes world-renowned engineers and distinguished business leaders united by a common goal – To build the future of predictive maintenance. As we enter the next phase of rapid growth, we are seeking people to help lead the journey.
AssetWatch serves global manufacturers by maximizing manufacturing uptime through an unparalleled condition monitoring experience, with a passion to care about the assets our customers use every day. We are a devoted and capable team that includes world-renowned engineers and distinguished business leaders united by a common goal - to build the future of predictive maintenance.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for product designs of existing and future AssetWatch products. You will work on your own, and in conjunction with internal and external partners to develop mechanical product assemblies, fixtures, processes and refinements to existing products. You will help to ensure sound manufacturing methods, material selection, structural integrity, regulatory compliance and documentation is satisfied on all products. You will be responsible for component DFM/A and BOM detailing, drawings, instructions, and specifying OTS parts in coordination with Supply Chain team. You will develop assemblies in Solidworks using top-down best practices, build and test product prototypes, and help guide new products to production readiness.
You are passionate about building great products and highly organized, with a strong dedication to details and follow-through enabling you to work effectively on a distributed remote team. You can execute product development steps independently, manage projects, maintain project schedules and communicate progress toward objectives in a fast-paced development environment.
This role is full time and reports to the Hardware Manager. We have a distributed team that works remotely across locations in the United States. We are open to candidates from most states if we all can closely collaborate within core working hours.
Who You Are:
- Self-motivated with initiative to deliver solutions efficiently and effectively
- Able to thrive on new challenges in a fast-paced agile environment
- Able to balance between the perfect solution and timely execution
- Able to effectively communicate and coordinate with a remote team
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills
- Strong experience developing consumer products in Solidworks (CAD)
- Expertise designing and testing waterproof enclosures
- Experience working with electronics assemblies and production process
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing and production methods including injection molding, machining, fixturing, tooling and factory process
- Knowledge of manufacturing engineering from drawings and revision control to DFM/DFA, test and tooling design
- Hands-on experience building, breaking and fixing real products
Nice to Haves:
- Have shipped a real-world hardware product at scale
- Experience working with domestic/overseas manufacturing partners
- Experience designed for hazardous locations (ATEX, HAZLOC, or similar)
- Expertise in designing for industrial and safety regulated environments
- Experience building Internet of Things (IoT) devices
- Experience working with a startup culture is preferred
- Experience working with diverse teams to identify and drive priorities
- Experience with process improvements
What We Offer:
AssetWatch is a remote-first rapidly growing startup providing a game changing condition monitoring platform and mobile experience in the industrial manufacturing space.
- Competitive compensation package including share options.
- Flexible work schedule
- Full benefits and 401K
- Opportunity to make a real impact every day
- Opportunity to work with an exciting and growing team
- Unlimited PTO
We have a distributed team that works remotely across locations in the United States. We are open to candidates from most states but collaboration within core working hours is required.