DevOps Engineer, Mobile
Nikola Labs Inc.
AssetWatch serves global manufacturers by powering manufacturing uptime through the delivery of an unparalleled condition monitoring experience, with a passion to care about the assets our customers care for every day. We are a devoted and capable team that includes world-renowned engineers and distinguished business leaders united by a common goal – To build the future of predictive maintenance. As we enter the next phase of rapid growth, we are seeking people to help lead the journey.
As an AWS DevOps Mobile Engineer, you will play a critical role in our technology team. You will be responsible for the back-end development of our cloud-based mobile application using your experience with AWS Cloud Services including AWS AppSync, CloudWatch, Lambda, API Gateway, RDS Aurora, and S3. In addition, the successful candidate will be skilled in infrastructure automation using CloudFormation or Terraform. You will collaborate closely with our mobile engineering team to ensure the scalability, reliability, and efficiency of our mobile app.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and manage robust, secure, scalable, highly available, and dynamic solutions on AWS.
- Implement and manage serverless architectures.
- Develop RESTful and GraphQL APIs using AWS API Gateway and AppSync.
- Write fast and performant SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Set up, configure, and optimize AWS CloudWatch for monitoring the health and performance of services and applications.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure as code (IAC) scripts using CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Automate continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence, learn, and teach best practices.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with AWS cloud services: AppSync, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch, Lambda, API Gateway, RDS Aurora, and S3.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database systems such as MySQL, DynamoDB, Timestream, or equivalent.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IAC) tools.
- Solid understanding of DevOps principles, CI/CD methodologies, and agile practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a related field.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer and/or AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
- Experience developing solutions for mobile apps, especially offline-first apps.
- Experience implementing architectures that seamlessly support multiple app versions.
- Experience with monitoring and logging systems other than AWS services.
- Familiarity with security concepts, tools, and best practices.
What We Offer:
AssetWatch is a remote-first rapidly growing startup providing a game changing condition monitoring platform and mobile experience in the industrial manufacturing space.
- Competitive compensation package including share options.
- Flexible work schedule
- Full benefits and 401K
- Opportunity to make a real impact every day
- Opportunity to work with an exciting and growing team
- Unlimited PTO
We have a distributed team that works remotely across locations in the United States. We are open to candidates from most states but collaboration within core working hours is required.