Senior Financial Analyst
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
Motive is looking for an experienced Senior Financial Analyst to join our GTM Finance team! The Financial Planning & Analysis team partners with business leaders throughout Motive to drive financial and strategic decisions that guide our growth. We provide analysis supporting a wide range of business issues and manage financial processes such as planning, forecasting, C-Suite reporting, Board of Directors reporting and performance tracking.
In this role, you will be the finance partner for our GTM org and Sales teams. You will generate insights into business performance and provide Motive’s leadership team with effective decision-making support. You will have C-level visibility, specifically partnering with our VPs of Segment Sales, SE, and SDR orgs and will report into the Manager of FP&A, GTM.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with Sales leadership to maintain monthly/quarterly/annual forecasts for global Sales departments
- Conduct monthly budget vs actual variance analyses to share results and actionable insights with your business partners
- Develop a deep understanding of the Sales org, including risks, opportunities, hiring
- Create reports, models, and ad hoc analysis to help management evaluate the impact of decisions on short and long term plans
- Build out and assist with delivering monthly & quarterly management reporting, including executive level budget vs. actuals, dashboards, board materials, and headcount reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of external materials, including quarterly financials, key metric datasets, and other ad hoc investor requests
- Support the broader FP&A team with annual and long-range planning
- Work cross-functionally to drive process improvement and automation
- Coordinate across our FP&A team to review and influence the key expense and headcount assumptions driving our business
- Create, maintain and review complex financial models in excel/gsheets as well as Adaptive Insights.
- Develop competitive benchmarking analysis on our P&L and other key financial and operating metrics
- Identify, prioritize, and implement process improvements and automation to streamline current processes across the company
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of relevant Finance experience
- Must be detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality of output
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven experience in cultivating collaborative working relationships with teams across an organization
- Ability to step back and look at the big picture. Mind set to optimize processes across the company by looking at what should be done now, not what has always been done.
- Excellent modeling and forecasting skills with experience in P&L, headcount forecasting,
- Expert in excel and google sheets,
- Experience with Tableau Preferred
- Knowledge of SQL preferred
- Experience at a high growth SaaS company preferred
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.