Area Vice President, Enterprise
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Area Vice President, Enterprise Sales at Motive, you will be a key leader in our fastest growing segment at Motive. As a 2nd line leader in our Enterprise Sales org, you would manage a team of Regional Vice Presidents and guide them as their teams turn Motive’s largest prospects into customers. You’ll lead initiatives across hiring, go to market strategy, territory planning and enablement to lead Motive’s Enterprise sales teams to success. You will be at the center of it all, working directly with AEs, RVPs, cross functional teams, and Motive’s Executive team.
Our Enterprise Sales team sells consistently into Fortune 500 companies across multiple industries, including trucking, oil & gas, construction, agriculture, manufacturing, consumer transit, or any other business that requires a fleet of vehicles. Because of the collaborative nature of our Go-to-Market team, a win-as-a-team mentality is a must. In this high-energy role, you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with high standards of quality.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a world-class team of seasoned Regional Vice Presidents and the Account Executives on their teams, that you’ll partner with on forecasting, GTM strategy, territory planning, account planning, and achieving revenue targets
- Develop and execute on strategic account and territory plans for the teams under your purview to meet or exceed ACV targets over monthly, quarterly, and annual periods
- You are a builder and understand the correct balance of process and speed
- Track progress and success of your teams leading indicator KPIs, coaching and enabling their success across short and long-term goals
- Partner with C-suite, Executive leadership, and Leaders of their own respective teams to enhance alignment and help create an GTM team that is greater than the sum of its parts
- Cultivate a culture of high-performance, winning, fun, and accountability through best-in-class hiring
- Partner with our Sales Enablement team ad-hoc and on more formal Account Executive training and coaching programs to ensure consistency and effectiveness across the organization
- Excellence in listening, sales process and passionate about the art of selling
- Ensure use of CRM and other operational tools, processes, and best practices in pipeline planning, forecasting, and sales execution
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years experience as a 2nd line leader of a SaaS sales team at the Enterprise level
- 7+ years experience as a 1st line leader, managing SaaS sales teams at the Enterprise level
- History of exceeding sales targets with Enterprise-level clients
- Ability to lead and motivate others to action, including best-in-class customer skills communication, empathy, and integrity
- A people-based mindset, with a passion for coaching and developing sales talent at all levels and a history of developing great sales cultures
- Examples of bringing a great sense of rigor, executions and accountability to your team’s day-to-day processes
- Ability to collaborate with internal cross-functional partners across Sales Development, Sales Engineering, Product, Marketing, Customer Success, Legal and Sales Ops
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM and sales technologies and best practices enabling your team to forecast, manage their pipeline and accelerate wins
- Lead with curiosity and example by attending sales calls to help team manage and close deals
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. For this role, the on-target earnings (base pay + commissions) are:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.