Director, Sales Compensation (Compensation Design)
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As the Director of Sales Compensation, you will be the keystone to efficient growth here at Motive. You will oversee incentive compensation design for our Finance department. In this high impact role, you will work closely with executives and internal functions including Sales, Revenue Operations, Accounting, and HR to ensure our incentive compensation programs drive results. You will also manage a team to help better run our sales compensation on a month to month basis.
What You'll Do:
- Work with sales and finance to develop periodic sales plans
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of commissions on a monthly basis
- Monitor the effectiveness of the plans and periodic SPIFFS that may be implemented
- Track payout performance of plans and provide forecasts of expected payouts
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years prior experience working with enterprise software sales compensation plans
- Experience leading /managing direct reports within compensation
- Experience with sales teams geared to different customer segments (SMB to enterprise)
- Successful track record of designing and implementing sales compensation plans that motivate sales teams to achieve desired outcomes
- Record of working across various teams to create agreement on plan structures
- Nice to have - experience with sales compensation applications such as CaptivateIQ
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.