Director, Corporate Communications
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
Motive is seeking an experienced Corporate Communications Director with a proven track record in strategic communications, media relations, crisis communications, corporate PR, product PR, writing, customer storytelling, executive positioning, global campaigns, large-scale events, social media, analytics, and reporting. This person must be highly collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, with a keen ability to lead communications and integrated marketing campaigns from strategic planning through execution and delivery of results. In-house IPO and/or public company/earnings experience is highly preferred as is experience managing international teams/agencies.
This role will report directly to the Senior Director of Corporate Communications and work alongside other Corporate Communications functions including Analyst Relations, Internal Communications, and Content Marketing.
What You'll Do:
- Work as a key member of the global corporate PR team, partnering to develop one cohesive narrative and strategy to reach a variety of audiences including press, shareholders, social followers, and more.
- Lead, mentor, and manage a high-performing team internally and with agency partners.
- Lead corporate PR and executive visibility and play a supporting role in financial communications and crisis communications.
- Oversee and actively participate in PR campaigns, including product launches, company milestones, customer conference, press events, and thought leadership initiatives.
- Build and maintain relationships with business, financial, and technology trade media and key industry influencers. Must be exceptionally strong in media relations and media strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders including product, analytics, finance, legal, and the executive team to develop and execute proactive and reactive programs that align with corporate initiatives and priorities.
- Assist with Internal Communications around big company events and Analyst Relations as needed.
- Assist organic social media campaigns, content calendar, and design review with a small social support team.
- Utilize and partner with data analytics to measure the success of efforts, making adjustments as necessary.
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in PR and corporate communications, with a proven track record in top-tier business and financial media relations.
- Prior experience in the B2B and enterprise technology space is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities.
- Proficiency in using social media management and analytics tools.
- An established network of media contacts and industry influencers.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to derive insights from data.
- An adaptable and proactive mindset.
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.