Staff Product Manager, Safety
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
We are not solving a small problem, and we’re not addressing a small market. We are addressing significant issues faced by trillion-dollar industries that power the physical economy, including logistics, transportation, food & beverage, HVAC, construction, and oil & gas. These businesses continue to be the lifelines of our economy. The opportunity here is enormous, and you will have a massive impact.
We are seeking an experienced product manager to join our Safety Product team, where you will be owning a suite of integrated, intelligent safety solutions for drivers, fleets and partners.
The role demands technical depth, principled thinking, a high bar for quality, structured communication, bold innovation, and a mentality of starting with the customer and working backwards. You will work alongside a star team from engineering, data science, computer vision, research & design, marketing, operations, legal, sales & customer success in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, technology environment to build intelligent experiences to shift behavior and drive ROI-positive impact for customers.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop new products to drive growth, increase engagement and increase retention across Motive’s Safety product, with a heavy focus on building software on top of new hardware platforms (e.g. AI Omnicam)
- Partner with business leaders from stakeholder teams on formulation and execution of strategy, vision and product roadmap
- Work closely with other product managers, within and outside of Safety, to develop and implement the product strategy
- Engage our customers to discover their needs and translate that into solutions that help them get more out of Motive
- Partner closely with our engineering and design team to build capabilities that turn our customers into raving fans
- Conduct market research that will assist in driving feature prioritization
- Actively contribute to an amazing work culture
What We’re Looking For:
- 6+ years of experience with Product Management
- High customer empathy, with a desire to get in the shoes of our customers
- Have high “EQ”; be even-keeled, flexible, and able to quickly adapt to unexpected changes
- Proven experience in delivering commercially successful software products
- Be data-driven; you regularly seek out and use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
- You are comfortable and confident sharing your thoughts in verbal or written form. You can engage constructively in debate and discussion with different personality types and seniority levels.
- You are a trailblazer who is humble, kind, and open to learning new stuff. You can take a stand yet commit even when you disagree. You have a strong bias to action (aka hustle) and are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
- Have enough technical knowledge to enough to gain the respect of engineers
- Experience working effectively with remote/offshore teams
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. For this role, the on-target earnings (base pay + commissions) are:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.