Senior Sales Operations Analyst
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
Sales Strategy & Operations at Motive drives the strategy, execution, and scale of Motive’s revenue growth. Our work is cross-functional and touches nearly every part of the business.
We are looking for a Senior Sales Strategy & Ops Analyst who will bring innovation, experience, and a fresh perspective to our team. Your ability to think strategically, adapt quickly, and get things done will earn credibility with all levels of the organization. Our mandate is to make the sales motion run more effectively, efficiently, and ultimately drive higher productivity.
This role will bring a data driven perspective to strategy incentives regarding forecasting, pipeline management, and other sales metrics. You will collaborate closely with the Mid-Market (MM) Sales Ops team, SVP of MM Sales, and other adjacent MM sales leaders.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with leadership to identify systems, data, and process needs to optimize productivity of the MM sales organization
- Build robust models to forecast revenue and set/track leading KPIs to monitor the health of the sales funnel
- Pinpoint drivers of sales performance and identify initiatives to continually improve performance
- Scope and execute strategic projects to reduce workflow friction and inefficiencies for the sales organization
- Build and maintain key documentation related to our policies, sales processes, and data requirements
- Be the connective tissue between sales and the rest of the business
What We're Looking For:
- 3-5 years of Sales Operations experience within SaaS or related field.
- Exceptional spreadsheet and data management skills to quickly structure analyses, answer key business questions, and drive decision making. SQL proficiency preferred.
- Experience in building SFDC reports and dashboards, knowledge in how SFDC applications integrate with each other, and ability to enable sales on SFDC best practices and related tools
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter. You will take the initiative to own projects and can operate well with little guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple concurrent projects in a rapidly changing, hyper-growth environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.