Senior Manager, Onboarding
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
Motive’s Enablement Team plays a critical role in the strategic implementation of key business initiatives and driving meaningful business impact across our Revenue organizations (Sales, Sales Development, Sales Engineering, Customer Success). Every team member has a crucial part in helping us fulfill our mission: To ensure that new and existing frontline team members are equipped with the information and skills they need to win in their roles. Reporting to the Director of Enablement, the Onboarding Program Manager will own the onboarding experience of the dozens of Revenue team members that join our ranks every month, across all roles. The chosen candidate will take their global team of 5 to even greater heights. The team will create and refine onboarding to create engaging learning experiences that not only provide learners with the information they need to succeed, but lays the foundational habits that will make them successful revenue drivers for the rest of their professional careers.
What You'll Do:
- Analyze the existing onboarding program by auditing existing courses, shadowing top performers, and interviewing execs, sales leaders and Enablement Business Partners; define a plan to implement a significantly improved and rigorous onboarding experience.
- Expertly improve the existing onboarding programs and build tracks for new roles.
- Align our onboarding program to revenue generating activities, getting reps to these activities quickly and ensuring they’re set up to hit early ramp benchmarks.
- Build accountability mechanisms (e.g. sign-off checklists, certs, etc.) and reporting to ensure new reps (and their hiring managers) are rigorous during onboarding and setting themselves up for success.
- Increase engagement by introducing new approaches and practices (i.e. video, virtual, gamification solutions)
- Set, measure and report on the business impact of onboarding. In particular, drive reduction of ramp time and reduced attrition during early tenure.
- Customize the Onboarding experience to the various roles and segments we support (AE, SDR, SE, etc.)
- Coach and guide a team of onboarding specialists (faciliators/coordinators)
- Design Onboarding Programs methodically, ensuring sustainability and guaranteeing that when changes are made at the company, onboarding is updated within a pre-defined SLA
- Actively engage third-parties in the onboarding process. Onboarding is a team sport and we need someone who can influence and bring in sales managers, top performers, SMEs, leadership, etc. in a way that enhances the learner experience and also proves value to these third parties.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of Sales Enablement, Performance Consulting or Learning and Facilitation
- Experience building complex (multi-role, multi-dept) onboarding programs from scratch
- Verifiably successful experience managing complex and cross-functional programs and projects
- Expert communicator, with a strong ability to build relationships and influence
- Sales onboarding experience in a high growth Sales Enablement or Sales Effectiveness organization delivering F2F, virtual and blended sales training
- Background with consultative, solution selling methodologies and training programs
- Strong ability to represent concepts, as well as summarize and communicate complex ideas into curriculum with a strong sense of how sales professionals think, operate and absorb training
- Successful history of customer first, result-orientation and ownership
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.