Manager, Enterprise Sales Development
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Manager, Enterprise Sales Development you will help build and develop a best-in-class Enterprise Sales Development team, supporting pipeline generation for our Enterprise Sales business. This role requires strong leadership skills with a proven ability to deliver results. As a front line manager, you will lead a team of talent Enterprise Sales Development Representatives that will deliver strategic prospecting, sales process adherence and innovation, and strong alignment with our Account Executive and Marketing partners.
Being passionate about the growth of your team and their continued success is a must. You will collaborate closely with the Enterprise Account Executives and Enterprise Regional Vice Presidents, Marketing, and Product Marketing to build pipeline.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and develop a team of Enterprise Sales Development Representatives through accountability, coaching, and ongoing training
- Accountable for driving your team's monthly performance to consistently meet or exceed quota and pipeline goals
- Collaborate with partner teams to execute on qualification guidelines and process improvements
- Maintain high level of CRM hygiene to report key metrics and drive the right behaviors
- Proactively drive and improve overall productivity and quality meeting set, through sales methodologies, tools, and professional development
- Be a thought leader and help craft creative solutions of getting in front of our top accounts
What We're Looking For:
- 3+ years selling into the Enterprise B2B SaaS space
- 3+ years of high performing Sales Development people management experience. Managing a team that is outperforming expectations
- Experience with Salesforce, SalesLoft, and other inside sales technology and methodologies to maximize productivity
- Ability to draw actionable insights from data and calls to frame coaching sessions, improve quality appointments set, overcoming objections, and removing roadblocks
- Ability to work cross functionally with other teams and departments
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. For this role, the on-target earnings (base pay + commissions) are:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.