Customer Success Manager, SMB
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Customer Success Manager - SMB, you will be responsible for building long-term relationship with Motive customers to drive customer renewal and revenue expansion. This position coordinates, executes, and manages programs and campaigns built to effectively engage customers based on predetermined account health flags. Your goal will be keeping customers healthy by educating them on the value our products can add to their business, reduce churn risk by solving problems they are facing and grow the business through qualified expansion leads.
What You’ll Do:
- Own a book of business of existing customers to mitigate churn risk and drive expansion
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction and nurture client health
- Proactively engage to keep a pulse on whether customers are finding value in our product and services. Take measures to bridge any gaps identified
- Ensure customers are up to date on their payments and are set up to renew the contract at renewal
- Prepare and educate customers on new features and product releases
- Present data-driven insights/analysis to customers
- As the voice of the customer, identify trends, needs, or challenges and escalate to the appropriate teams
- Gain a strong understanding of our product mix and how it creates value for our customers
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience in a customer service or customer retention role
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Demonstrates a desire for continuous learning and improvement
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships
- Work in close liaison with the customer and internal teams
- Strong empathy and advocacy for customers
- Deeper level of understanding of revenue and growth in a SaaS business
- Proven decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- An enthusiastic, solution-oriented and creative individual with the ability to inspire others
- Hands on experience of using CRM software (Salesforce preferred)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.