Trainer - Customer Support
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Customer Support Trainer in Support, you will play a crucial role in enhancing the competencies of new and existing employees, enabling them to provide exceptional customer service and achieve performance goals in alignment with the company’s core values. You will be responsible for performing training needs assessments on new processes and policies, partnering with Instructional Designers to design and deliver training curriculum and learning materials, and managing all phases of training for Customer Support. This position plays a key role in equipping the team with the skills and knowledge necessary to be successful and ultimately, delivering an exceptional customer service experience.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver comprehensive training programs for new and existing employees, focusing on customer service skills, product knowledge, system usage, and call-handling techniques.
- Conduct interactive and engaging training sessions in a virtual classroom setting to facilitate learning and skill development.
- Utilize various training methods, such as role-playing, simulations, and group activities, to promote active learning and reinforce key concepts.
- Monitor trainee progress during and after training programs, providing constructive feedback and coaching to improve performance and address areas of improvement. Report to leadership on training environment, success, and opportunities for development.
- Conduct refresher training sessions to reinforce learning and update agents on new products, services, or policy changes.
- Assess training needs and identify knowledge gaps through performance evaluations and feedback from leadership.
- Collaborate with leadership and subject matter experts to ensure training materials and programs are up-to-date and aligned with the latest policies, procedures, and industry best practices.
- Create training materials, including presentations, manuals, and job aids, to support the training curriculum and ensure consistent delivery of content.
- Stay informed about emerging trends and technologies in the software as a service, transportation, and call center industry, continually enhancing personal knowledge and skills to deliver effective training.
- Maintain accurate training records, including attendance, evaluations, and training outcomes, to track individual and team performance and identify training needs.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience in a call center.
- 2+ years in training, learning and development, or related field
- Proven experience as a Call Center Trainer or similar role, with a strong background in customer service and call center operations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Strong interpersonal skills, capable of establishing rapport and credibility with learners at all levels.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to training, adjusting methods and content to accommodate different learning styles and needs.
- Patience, empathy, and a passion for developing others' skills and abilities.
- Proficiency in using training software, learning management systems, and virtual training tools such as Articulate RISE, Lessonly, Google Worksuite, or similar.(good to have, if a person has worked on LMS or MS office - That’s also Okay)
- Analytical mindset, with the ability to assess training needs, analyze performance data, and identify areas for improvement.
- Effective time management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in spoken and written English is required.
- Learning Strategy experience would be ideal, but not required, however a strong understanding of adult learning needs is necessary in order to make strong recommendations for a consistent cycle of improvement
- Familiarity with call center metrics and performance indicators is a plus.
- Experience in software as a service or transportation industry is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Must have at least 20mbs of internet speed
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.