Business Value Consultant
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
At Motive, we are hyper-focused on customers and delighting them with a buying experience like no other. Value at Motive puts the customer first by quantifying and articulating the tangible benefits of Motive's technology solutions.
As a Business Value Consultant, you will lead and collaborate with our Sales, Sales Engineering, and Customer teams to focus on each customer's unique business outcomes by clearly communicating the value of Motive's product set. This involves translating product features into financial and operational results that will lead to the customer's most important business outcomes.
What You’ll Do:
- Build business cases directly with the sales team and customers on the largest deals
- Articulate the business value proposition in a concise, focused message using language that each internal and external stakeholder understands
- Quantify business value by translating technical advantages to specific financial results and business outcomes
- Present the value of Motive solutions to customer executives with a solid understanding of how the customer will gain value and how the Motive solution will drive financial value
- Lead the use of value selling content and the value selling process at our top customer accounts
- Lead the sales team through the delivery of content, methods, and tools for value measurement and calculation
- Partner with sales leaders to spread value-based selling among new sales reps and existing sales reps
- Partner with product line owners to quantify new functionality and new areas of customer value
- Partner with marketing to update and share content that clearly states the value of our products and services
- Educate account teams, engineering teams, and marketing teams on business value best practices and trends
- Monthly reporting of Value Consulting impact on the sales team’s success metrics
- 3+ years in a Business Value, Value Engineering, or similar position
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree/MBA preferred but not required
- Previous experience in a sales or sales engineering role in a high-growth technology company
- Expert business case practitioner as applied to selling technology solutions
- Strong command of business case frameworks that use story-telling and financial concepts like revenue gain, cost savings, risk reduction, cash flow, and ROI financial metrics (NPV, IRR, Payback)
- Experience using Google Workplace suite of applications, including Slides, Sheets, Docs, and Meet
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.