Technical Support Engineer, Tracking & Telematics
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
The Technical Support Engineer - Tracking and Telematics role is a Subject Matter Expert that manages, tracks, diagnoses, and troubleshoots the cases in Technical Support. They also train, educate, assist, and provide guidance to other employees within Support and across the company. An important aspect is to identify and alert the necessary stakeholders on larger issues and trends, and understanding the magnitude and scope of the issues before working with the Technical Lead.
What You'll Do:
- Determine how to resolve support issues - what changes need to be made to underlying data/hardware/process and how to apply them with minimal user disruption.
- Determine root cause of errors/bugs -- use the data and tools we have to trace the origin of data inconsistencies and bugs and report them to the Technical Leads.
- Perform analysis of data to determine impact/prevalence of issues -- use analytics tools like Redash.
- Utilize tools developed by the engineering team to modify user/vehicle data for resolving support issues.
- Communicate with customers for reported issues, escalated cases, and urgent inquiries to minimize customer churn.
- Report on-duty if you are engaged as the On-Call Technical Support Engineer in the rotation.
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum 1 year tenure in Technical Support or 2 years in Customer Support
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Team player and can work in a professional environment
- Computer Science/Engineering educational background
- Should be an exceptional performer
- Familiar with Hardware and Firmware level troubleshooting
- On-call rotation flexibility
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.