Regional Sales Director, Commercial & Mid-Market Motive Card Sales
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
You’ll be leading a team of Account Executives in both engaging and closing top prospects, while simultaneously exceeding revenue and growth targets. In parallel, you’ll also be a key driver of the team’s strategy and execution, partnering with Sales Leadership and cross-functional partners (Sales Ops, Sales Development, Finance, Enablement, & Marketing) to hit stated goals on a quarterly, semi-annual and annual basis.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a world-class field Sales team, partnering to close new logos and expand current customers
- Develop and execute on strategic plans for your team to meet or exceed revenue quota over monthly, quarterly, and annual levels
- Track progress and success of the team against various primary KPIs, making optimizations as necessary to deliver on top-level objectives
- Develop key programs that support the team’s ongoing development and consistent execution across all AE’s
- Cultivate a culture of high-performance, accountability, and a focus on always-on improvement
- Collaborate with Motive Sales leadership on key reports, forecasts, and business for Executive stakeholders
- Up to 25% US-based travel required
- 5+ years managing Mid-Market and/or Enterprise sales professionals in a high growth environment
- 3+ prior sales experience closing F1000 clients, especially as it relates to corporate cards and spend management.
- A versatile skill set spanning sales, operations, strategy, and leadership
- Proven success scaling organizations through phases of rapid growth, preferably in a startup environment
- A people-based mindset, with a passion for coaching and developing sales talent at all levels and a history of developing great sales cultures
- A passion and proclivity for jumping into the trenches with your team and meeting with clients to navigate complex sales cycles and close important opportunities
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits.
The compensation range for this position will depend on where you reside. For this role, the on-target earnings (base pay + commissions) are:
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.