Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a key member of our team, you will play an active part in designing, and managing our flagship mobile app. Your expertise will contribute to redefining our architecture and building a world-class offline-first mobile application with an enthusiastic team. We are looking for candidates who have a forward-thinking mindset aimed at high readability (declarative) code, as well as identifying problems or bottlenecks before they become issues. We are looking for candidates who have a familiarity with Objective-c and Swift, and a good understanding of system architectures (MVC, MVVM, Redux).
What You’ll Do:
- Develop new features for our iOS (Objective-c & Swift) Motive App for Fleets
- Improving one of our many existing features, including GPS tracking (Geofencing), Bluetooth, Camera APIs, etc
- Work with product team to refine feature specs
- Communicate with back end engineers about API requirements or refinements
- Help support team to diagnose user problems
- Analyse our user's data to identify bugs
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 5 years of experience
- We want to see things they have created (GPS, game programming, WiFi, bluetooth)
- Objective-C, Swift. Framework and API’s built by Apple, not wrapper framework built by twitter or facebook.
- We use both Obj-C and some Swift (not extensively) - We may switch to a Swift codebase once they become more stable.Once Swift language becomes more solidified we may switch
- UI / Unit Testing preferred
- Must have Git - version control
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.