Product Marketing Lead
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Product Marketing Lead at Motive, you will drive our product marketing strategy, managing and leading the team while being the central hub of collaboration with Sales, Product Management, and other crucial departments. By joining our team as the Product Marketing Lead, you'll play a key role in driving Motive's growth and success in the market. You'll work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, lead a talented team, and have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our business.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the product marketing team, establishing direction, aligning with broader business objectives, and fostering a culture of excellence.
- Develop and execute comprehensive go-to-market strategies for our product lines to drive customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Collaborate closely with the product management team to understand our product offerings and unique selling propositions, and translate them into compelling marketing strategies.
- Drive the creation of marketing and sales collateral to support product launches, sales efforts, and ongoing marketing campaigns.
- Understand and analyze market trends, competitive landscape, and customer behavior to inform marketing strategies.
- Partner with the sales team to align on product messaging, lead generation efforts, and the achievement of sales objectives.
- Monitor and measure the performance of marketing campaigns, adjusting strategies as necessary to achieve key business metrics and objectives.
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in product marketing, preferably in a high-growth tech environment.
- Proven leadership experience, with the ability to manage and inspire a team.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing product marketing strategies that drive customer acquisition, engagement, and retention.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze data, understand trends, and make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent collaboration skills, with experience working closely with product management and sales teams.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a passion for growing businesses from the ground up.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- MBA or relevant master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience in marketing tech products or related field.
- Experience with CRM software like Salesforce and marketing automation tools.
Your compensation may be based on several factors, including education, work experience, and certifications. For certain roles, total compensation may include restricted stock units. Motive offers benefits including health, pharmacy, optical and dental care benefits, paid time off, sick time off, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance as well as 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Learn more about our benefits by visiting Motive Perks & Benefits
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.