Senior Business Operations Manager (Public Sector)
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Team:
Business Operations at Motive is a highly cross-functional group that is responsible for developing our go-to-market strategy, driving new product launches, improving go-to-market efficiency, and ensuring that we are hitting our growth targets. Our Business Operations team is maniacal about and energized by the challenge of getting our hands dirty in any problem across Sales, Marketing, Product, and Customer Success, and finding ways to help us scale more efficiently. We are a low-ego, highly-motivated group that collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders to drive alignment and execution. Examples of major challenges Business Operations faces are implementing new pricing and packaging strategies, experimenting with new sales and marketing motions, and using quantitative and qualitative analysis to inform product strategy
About the Role:
- Own new market entry into SLED: Work closely with Sales, Marketing, Product, Finance, and Operations teams to help expand our business into the State, Local, and Education (SLED) sector. Develop robust forecasting models, create pricing strategies, negotiate partnerships, and monitor KPIs
- Identify and research market opportunities: Perform customer and market analysis to determine how Motive go to market in the SLED sector
- Analyze go-to-market effectiveness: Ensure a positive experience for customers, sellers, and partners by using quantitative and qualitative data to find opportunities to streamline or improve operations resulting in key metric improvements
- Design processes to drive continuous improvement: Ensure we have visibility into what tools and products are being deployed, and that we are closely monitoring impact and pivoting as needed. You’ll help ensure we always have insight into the business impact of the changes we are making
- 5+ years of relevant experience in government contracting, consulting for government entities, or a high-growth SaaS company that sells to the SLED sector
- 2+ years of experience working in the SLED sector
- Bachelor's degree required
- Tech experience is preferred but not a requirement
- Advanced communication, presentation, and organization skills
- Executive presence and comfort communicating with the C-suite
- Exceptional spreadsheet / data management skills
- Intellectual curiosity supported by exceptional analytical skill
- Strong, demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Experience working on cross-functional projects with various stakeholders and a demonstrated expertise in managing such projects
- Able to work in ambiguous, fast paced, environments under tight and unpredictable timelines
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.