Account Executive, Mexico
Who we are:
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
Motive is searching for an Account Executive that will be instrumental in building the sales organization from the ground up in our newest regional market, Mexico. As a member of our founding team, you will lead the charge, seizing the opportunity created by our strong product positioning and selling the value of the business outcomes that can be achieved in partnership with Motive.
As an Account Executive, Mexico, you are a highly motivated self-starter, possess willingness to learn and embrace continuous improvement, and have a demonstrated history of overachievement in previous sales roles. You have closed large, complex deals in the past, relying on strong interpersonal skills, a deep technical aptitude, and high attention to detail. You have a natural ability to convey and relate ideas to others. Because of the collaborative nature of our Sales team, a win-as-a-team mentality is a must. In this high-energy role, you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with high standards of quality.
This is a work from home/remote job that would require travel to customer on-site meetings throughout the sales cycle.
What You'll Do:
- Prospect and win new business by developing strong relationships with key prospects
- Thrive in a performance based environment, consistently achieving above and beyond your KPI targets
- Partner with sales leadership to enhance country-specific playbooks, pitches, and processes
- Provide recommendations based on a prospect’s business needs and negotiate contract terms
- Proactively identify customer issues and process blockers, and drive cross functional support to implement best available solutions
- Effectively plan, in order to meet and exceed ongoing business goals and revenue quotas
- Constantly study and deepen understanding of market trends to enable consultative insight
What We're Looking For:
- 4+ years of demonstrated success in full-cycle direct sales experience in B2B environments
- Experience in developing strong relationships across functions and ability to influence key decision makers
- Ability to work 3 to 6-month sales cycles with an annual revenue per deal in the six-figure range
- A true “hunter” mentality who strives for the close with new logos
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to outbound prospecting, managing and closing deals
- Experience selling into trucking, oil & gas, construction, transportation, logistics, compliance and/or safety a plus
- Understanding of technical tools: Salesforce, Salesloft, Gong, Slack, and other enterprise software tools
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.