Senior Backend Software Engineer
About the Opportunity
We are looking for someone who is excited to join a tight-knit senior engineering team working to reduce the CO2 footprint and increase efficiency of the world's largest retail brands. This role will report to our Senior Director of Engineering. Some of the roles and responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead the development of key new features to our applications
Advocate for strong technical practices and contribute to team Engineering strategyHelp make improvements to our server infrastructure
- Understand business needs of our customers and advocate for them
- Communicate technical decisions through design docs, tech talks, and in person
- Mentor other engineers via pairing, design review, and code review
- Assist in hiring and onboarding new teammates
- 5+ years building production web applications
- Strong Knowledge of Software Engineering Patterns and Practices
- Good understanding of REST API principles and underlying protocols
- Experience with Authentication and Authorization mechanics
- Proficient at writing tests
- Proficient in MongoDB or PostgreSQL
- ommunicates Effectively, Low Ego & Curious, keen to Self Develop
- Bonus: Familiar with any of the following: AI tooling, Airflow, Node.JS, Nest.JS, Github Actions, Kubernetes
MakerSights is the only collaborative Voice of Consumer platform purpose-built for retail brands. By embedding crucial consumer data and product feedback directly into the concept-to-consumer process, MakerSights enables the world’s most successful footwear, apparel, and accessories brands to collect, analyze, and share the consumer insights that teams need to make informed product and merchandising decisions from strategy and seasonal direction through line adoption and go-to-market.
At MakerSights, we get our energy from partnering with people who love what they do inside and outside the office. We want you to know that we are committed to creating an engaging, supportive environment that allows our team to grow and develop together. We are backed by some of the leading technology and sustainability-focused investors, including Forerunner Ventures, Baseline Ventures, G2 Venture Partners (which invests exclusively in innovations that battle climate change), and Gaingels, an LGBTQ-focused investor syndicate that aligns with our commitment to fostering an inclusive company culture and supporting inclusive commerce.
As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.
Salary Range: The Salary Range for this position is $160K - $180K CAD annually, with exact salary depending on location as well as prior work experience and the assessment of one's fit for the role.