Director of Materials Management & Planning
Luminar is a global automotive technology company ushering in a new era of vehicle safety and autonomy. For the past decade, Luminar has built an advanced hardware and software/AI platform to enable its more than 50 industry partners, including the majority of global automotive OEMs. From consumer vehicle programs with Volvo Cars and Mercedes-Benz to technology partnerships including NVIDIA and Mobileye, Luminar is poised to be the first automotive technology company to enable next-generation safety and autonomous capabilities for global production vehicles. For more information please visit www.luminartech.com.
The Director of Materials Management & Planning will lead the team responsible for ensuring optimization of materials planning to support Luminar’s production expansion.
- Develop Material Planning strategies to support Luminar’s growth, mitigate risk and be financially prudent
- Define, manage and monitor inventory levels throughout our supply chain
- Ownership of material movement and storage from start to finish
- Must ensure appropriate supply of materials and service to support production to meet customer demand
- Establish inventory objectives and assumes responsibility for inventory turns (stock rotation)
- Review, identify, and minimize obsolete inventory; recommend disposition within established guidelines
- Partner with our contract manufacturers ensure our plans are executed efficiently
- Develop, manage, and maintain departmental plans, budgets, and master production schedule by utilizing input from sales forecast customer demand, material availability, capacity planning to ensure management goals and objectives are met; provide input for production planning function
- Responsible for material procurement and production schedule to ensure cost efficiency and timely customer shipments
- Responsible for providing support that allows for an atmosphere that ensures compliance quality and safety policies and procedures
- Drive operational excellence across materials and supply planning
- Conduct root cause and corrective action to continuously improve
- Set a high bar for process adherence to comply with rigorous quality audits such as IATF/ISO9001 and audits by our Tier 1 customers
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Education: A Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, or a related field is typically required
- Experience: 5-10 of experience in materials management, inventory control, or related roles, preferably with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Supply Chain Knowledge: In-depth understanding of supply chain management principles, including materials planning, procurement replenishment, inventory control, and logistics
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in using materials management software, enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and other tools for data analysis, forecasting, and inventory management
- Analytical Abilities: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex data, identify trends, and make informed decisions
- Communication and Collaboration: Excellent communication, and negotiation skills to collaborate with suppliers, internal teams, and stakeholders at all levels
- Leadership and Management: Proven leadership abilities, with the capability to motivate and manage a team, set priorities, and drive results
- A Master's degree
- Automotive or cutting edge technology experience
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.
At Luminar, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays a base between $149,500 and $209,300 per year. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. You will also be eligible to receive other benefits including: equity in the form of restricted stock unit awards, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life and disability benefits, flexible time off, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement for formal education related to advancing your career at Luminar. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire and schedule type.
*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.