Semiconductor Process Associate
About Optogration Inc.
Optogration, located in Wilmington, Massachusetts, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Luminar Technologies Inc. We manufacture some of the best InGaAs photodiodes available. Luminar is poised to be the first automotive technology company to enable next-generation safety and autonomous capabilities for consumer cars, commercial trucks and more.
We are a diverse team of passionate and driven individuals, making us a powerhouse of innovation, design, engineering, and manufacturing. We are hiring the best and the brightest to accelerate the industry and bring forward the next transportation revolution.
The Semiconductor Process Associate will be part of a team that produces world class sensors for eye-safe lidar and other optical sensing applications. Working collaboratively with the fabrication team, the Semiconductor Process Associate will assist in production of state-of-the-art III-V avalanche photodiodes and other photodetector devices. This individual will assist process engineers in executing all the required steps to complete the chip fabrication process and will also be expected to properly operate and help maintain the various equipment used during the fabrication process.
- Provide assistance to process engineers with wafer handling and photolithography steps
- Perform photoresist exposure, development, and wet etching with dilute acids
- Operate and help maintain technically advanced semiconductor fabrication equipment, including plasma etching, electron-beam metal evaporation, and chemical vapor deposition systems
- Follow instructions and procedures developed for metal plating and wafer polishing
- Characterize and evaluate process steps with microscopy and other thin film measurement
- Become familiar with and help maintain laboratory supplies; ensure the proper collection of used chemicals; and monitor and maintain compressed clean dry nitrogen systems process variation) and performance (functional testing)
- Able to perform critical clean room processing techniques
- Excellent dexterity for handling semiconductor wafers with tweezers
- Comfortable and cautious while handling hazardous chemicals
- Able to precisely follow verbal and written work instructions
- Attentive to details and able to maintain focus, especially while working with chemicals and processing equipment
- Able to document work and accurately update process documentation
- Good communications skills, both written and oral
- B.S. degree in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline
- 2+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably semiconductor
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodations and that the accommodations would not impose and undue hardship on the operation of the business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.
At Luminar, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays a base salary of at least $30.00 per hour*. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. You will also be eligible to receive other benefits including: equity in the form of restricted stock unit awards, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life and disability benefits, flexible time off, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement for formal education related to advancing your career at Luminar. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire and schedule type.
*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.