Fabrication Facility Equipment Engineer
About Optogration Inc.
Optogration, located in Wilmington, Massachusetts, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Luminar Technologies Inc. We manufacture some of the best InGaAs photodiodes available. Luminar is poised to be the first automotive technology company to enable next-generation safety and autonomous capabilities for consumer cars, commercial trucks and more.
We are a diverse team of passionate and driven individuals, making us a powerhouse of innovation, design, engineering, and manufacturing. We are hiring the best and the brightest to accelerate the industry and bring forward the next transportation revolution.
The Fabrication Facility Equipment Engineer will be part of a team that develops and produces world class sensors for eye-safe lidar and other optical sensing applications. Working collaboratively with other members of the Wilmington, MA-based Optogration fabrication team, the successful candidate will be responsible for the continuous operational capability of the Optogration wafer fabrication facility supporting development and production of high-performance, highly reliable III-V optoelectronic devices. This individual will work to maximize facility equipment up-time, define and implement preventative maintenance plans, install and qualify new equipment, and efficiently resolve disruptions to fab operational capability.
- Maximize equipment uptime in a compound semiconductor wafer fabrication facility
- Define and implement preventative maintenance plans, and monitor equipment downtime to show continuous improvement in fab operational status
- Identify high-priority equipment upgrades, and install and qualify new fabrication equipment to improve fab capabilities
- Resolve unexpected disruptions to fab operational capability with minimal time and expense
- Identify sources of greatest risk to continuous fab operation, define corrective action plans, and implement corrective measures
- Monitor and interpret trends in equipment operating characteristics to determine appropriate maintenance actions to be taken
- Bachelors degree in engineering, physics, chemistry, materials science, or a related field
- Experience operating and maintaining a broad range of vacuum and RF plasma systems
- Experience operating and maintaining support systems for semiconductor fabrication facilities such as compressed gas, deionized water, and mechanical pump systems
- Proficiency with mechanical and electrical repairs related to fab equipment
- Detailed attention to fab safety protocols, including the handling of hazardous chemicals, hazardous gases, cryogenic fluids, and other safety-intensive operations
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Good communications skills, both written and oral
- 10+ years of experience with semiconductor fabrication facility equipment engineering
- Significant experience with semiconductor process equipment technology and comprehensive understanding of equipment operational principles
- Experience with electrical and electro-optical testing and related test equipment
- Experience with DOE and SPC concepts is desirable
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodations and that the accommodations would not impose and undue hardship on the operation of the business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.
At Luminar, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays a base between $133,000 -$166,000* per year. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. You will also be eligible to receive other benefits including: equity in the form of restricted stock unit awards, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life and disability benefits, flexible time off, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement for formal education related to advancing your career at Luminar. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire and schedule type.
*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.