Engineering Program Manager
Luminar Technologies is seeking an Engineering Program Manager (EPM) to lead Firmware and Data Science development projects through all phases of the software lifecycle. This role oversees technical engagement cross-functionally within Luminar and ensures successful development and value delivery to customers.
The Engineering Program Manager will be a key member of the product development management team focused on driving development and implementation of cutting edge features to the next-generation automotive sensing platforms. In this role you will partner with Firmware project leads, product owner(s), and other platform EPMs to deliver successful projects to the customer. Additionally, you will act as an engineering interface for internal stakeholders while managing the cross-functional development team.
- Work cross-functionally to translate program requirements and milestones into detailed execution plans for our Firmware and Data Science teams
- Drive execution to these plans, conduct team meetings, communicate status and identify/resolve blocking issues
- Engage with other EPMs (Engineering Program Managers) and represent the Firmware and Data Science organization in all technical aspects of development
- Evaluate new opportunities and help establish engineering contacts, helping to launch new projects and seeking to generate new business value(s).
- Work directly with OEMs to align on product requirements, performance and integration of the sensor platform to the OEM environment
- Escalate risks and issues in a timely manner and drive them to closure
- Proactively coordinate across functional groups to manage dependencies between Hardware, Software and Suppliers
- Continuously evaluate the efficiency of internal processes with the aim of improving efficiency
- Oversee all technical alignment within Luminar's software development programs including systems engineering and architecture, requirements management, safety plans and software integration architecture
- Prepare and disseminate project status reports, including KPIs
- Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management or a related field
- 5+ years of technical project/program management experience in the Automotive Software space
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 experience
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and tools such as the following but not limited to; Smartsheets, MS Project, Confluence, Jira and ERP tools like Arena
- Experience defining release readiness criteria, ensuring all changes comply before deployment
- Able to work successfully in cross-functional and geographically distributed teams
- Project Management Certification
- MBA Degree
- Knowledge of Embedded Systems and Software
- Knowledge of automotive safety development standards (ASPICE, ISO26262)
- Experience with automotive sensing technologies
Luminar is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We will make a reasonable accommodation for any qualified applicant with a disability, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation and that the accommodation would not impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please let us know if you believe you require reasonable accommodation, or if you would like assistance to complete an application or to participate in an interview at the company.
At Luminar, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays a base between $102,000 and $167,000* per year. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. You will also be eligible to receive other benefits including: equity in the form of restricted stock unit awards, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life and disability benefits, flexible time off, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement for formal education related to advancing your career at Luminar. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire and schedule type.
*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.