Advanced Photonics Packaging Engineer
Become the primary subject matter expert for advanced photonics packaging development for Luminar Semiconductor Inc (LSI) and serve as a primary interface to Luminar as well as LSI’s suppliers for photonics packaging technology and manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute on process improvements for existing chip-scale packaging activity
- Define strategy for next-generation photonics component packaging and implementation of this strategy
- Engage suitable OSAT partners capable of meeting yield, cost, scaling, and qualification targets for each packaging development program
- Provide LSI-wide photonics packaging leadership as the go-to subject matter expert representing LSI with Luminar as well as LSI suppliers
Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive expertise (15+ yrs) in a variety of chip-scale packaging technologies, as well as highly complementary experience in semiconductor wafer fabrication technologies
- Strong perspective on process alternatives, technical risks, failure analysis
- Strong grasp of resource requirements, efficient scheduling, training junior team members
- Experience driving aggressive schedules, strong interest in assisting laser diode prototyping in OGI fab
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or related field with a strong background in manufacturing of photonic components, or equivalent experience
- Self-motivated team player able to work with minimum supervision desired
- Good interpersonal and communications skills to work in a dynamic team environment
Pay and Benefits
At Freedom Photonics, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. This role pays a base between $127,000.00 - $245,000.00* per year. Within this range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. You will also be eligible to receive other benefits including: equity in the form of restricted stock unit awards, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, 401k plan, life and disability benefits, flexible time off, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement for formal education related to advancing your career at Freedom Photonics. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire and schedule type.
*Note that the pay range listed for this position is a good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible base compensation at the time of posting.
Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.