Sr Analyst, AP
Luminar Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: LAZR) is transforming automotive safety and autonomy by delivering the only lidar and associated software that meets the industry’s stringent performance, safety, and economic requirements. Luminar has rapidly gained over 50 industry partners, including a majority of the top global automotive OEMs. In 2020, Luminar signed the industry’s first production deal for autonomous consumer vehicles with Volvo Cars, which now expects to make Luminar’s technology part of the standard safety package on their next generation electric SUV. Additional customer wins include Mercedes, SAIC, Daimler Truck AG, Intel’s Mobileye, Pony.ai and Airbus UpNext. Founded in 2012, Luminar employs approximately 400 with offices in Palo Alto, Orlando, Colorado Springs, Detroit, Bangalore and Munich.
For more information, please visit www.luminartech.com
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Accountant. An ideal candidate in this role will be someone with automotive industry background, or other form of manufacturing experience.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Check, match, process, and post incoming invoices.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports, record respective journal entries.
- Monitor purchase orders and direct debits from suppliers.
- Manage vendor information and relationships and ensure accurate vendor information is maintained and updated within the accounts payable system.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to actual invoices.
- Review accounts payable reports and general ledger detail for coding discrepancies and perform re-classes as needed.
- Prepare monthly accounts payable reconciliations and aging reports.
- Maintain friendly and professional communication with vendors relating to invoice discrepancies and/or payment inquiries.
- Partner closely with various business units within the Company such as, Purchasing Team, Sourcing and Materials Team, Production Engineers and Project Managers to process services and materials receipts in the system (three-way match).
- Perform and document procedures to ensure SOX 404 compliance.
- Support internal and external audit.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
What We Are Looking For
- MBA in accounting or Finance and/or the equivalent in experience.
- 3+ years of accounting experience, AP accounting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Well organized, detailed oriented, open to change and willing to learn new skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to apply policies and standards consistently.
- Comfort in reinforcing policy and best practices; ability to push back appropriately when needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Relevant background in automotive industry or other form of manufacturing (preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Google Suite, especially Google Sheets
- Experience with Infor LN-ERP is a plus.